[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on Hunter S?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 275x183
What Hunter S Thompson novels have you read and your opinion?
>>
>>7849690
>What Hunter S Thompson novels have you read
only fear and loathing
>and your opinion?
only cirumcised hamsters should be allowed to reproduce
>>
F&L in Las Vegas is a classic, don't think anyone would dispute that. You're either into it or it's not for you.

Hell's Angels and F&L on The Campaign Trail were both fantastic I thought, albeit, decidedly not novels, and nothing like F&L in Las Vegas whatsoever. Rum Diary was terrible, it's not wonder nobody wanted to publish it back in the day. Didn't really care for The Curse of Lono, but it might be your most direct equivalent to F&L in Las Vegas.

Thoughts on the man? What's there really to say? Resentfully became the 'voice of a generation' the same way Bob Dylan did and eventually found himself swallowed whole by his own cultural legacy. Seemed to me a sad man in his later years, you can see it in his interviews, read it in his writings.
>>
>>7849690

I read Hell's Angels and really liked it. His style makes the book really pleasant to read, he makes a nice critical review of how journalists change facts to make them more sensationnal, and has very interesting observations/analysis about Hell's Angel. He is not the edgy stoner that the movie with Depp describes.
>>
>>7849690
i read the first part of great shark and i just think the dude's a cool cat and knows lots of people that are into things i couldn't fathom- like gambling and vomiting and more gambling.

also i read curse of lono, he talks about his gay lover at the end, but he won't say it..

i still dont know what to think. i want to read more of the shark
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.