[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a good standalone murder/mystery/whodunit book? Maybe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: serious2.jpg (210 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
serious2.jpg
210 KB, 1280x720
What's a good standalone murder/mystery/whodunit book? Maybe involving a detective.
>>
Probably some Agatha Christie Hercule Poirot shit
>>
The Name of the Rose
>>
>>7848061
My mom has worked in a bookshop since I was a child so over the years I've read hundreds of airport novels.
They are all basically the same, just pick one at random from the best seller list if you want something contemporary.

Otherwise the only things that stands out in my mind is:
The Bourne Identity, don't bother with the rest of the trilogy though.
The Day of the Jackal
Without Remorse by Tom Clancy
>>
And then there were none - Agatha Christie
The Maltese Falcon - Dashiel Hammett
>>
>>7848164
I second the day of the jackel
>>
The Burnt Orange Heresy
The Drowning Pool
Dancing Bear
The Black Dahlia
>>
>>7848061
The Spy Who Came from the Cold
Several Sherlock Holmes novels
The Big Sleep
>>
>>7848396
This is the first time I've seen Burnt Orange Heresy mentioned on /lit. I read it a month ago but forgot all about it. It was strangely normal.
>>
>>7848061

Probably something by Chandler I guess
>>
The Last Good Kiss by James Crumley is excellent.

The Jonathan Gash novels with the antiques dealer Lovejoy are pretty good but maybe that's because I'm American and the British stuff seems like it's from another world.
>>
Gone Girl
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.