[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello Should I study English in my third world country for its
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
Hello
Should I study English in my third world country for its relative easiness or psychology because I'm more interested in it?
>>
>>7846977
you can learn english in 6 month. And psychology is a lie.
>>
Everyone is "interested" in psychology (and most pf psychologists are women anyway afaik), and english is most popular language in world, everyone knows it fluently. I am not in position of giving advice in field of choosing uni tho
>>
>>7846998
I already have an alright decent command of English. I'd be studying for a bechalor in English from what my country calls the faculty of literaries, which is the only way I can translate the word.
How is psychology is a lie? Isn't it simply the study of human mentality and thought?

What would you suggest and why?
>>
>>7847011
Most psychology is bullshit fostered by unwitting charlatans.

Might as well study theology
>>
>>7847001
A degree in English also entails learning how to write literature in English. I thought it could be useful, plus professional translation jobs pay well here.

What's then issue of everyone being interested in psychology? It still pays well and in my country there's a severe lack of psychological research.

What would you suggest?
>>
>>7847011
>Isn't it simply the study of human mentality and thought?
psychology is to the study of the mind as bird watching to ornithology.

And Lacan is fucking idiot.
>>
>>7847019
Can you give examples?
If I'm to be involved in academia, wouldn't I be in a position to discredit bullshit if actually bullshit and make my own theories?
>>
>>7847023
Can you elaborate further than giving an analogy?
Also can you suggest anything else?
>>
>>7847024
Perhaps but there's no guarantee your bullshit will be memetically successful enough in the warped epistemological environment of contemporary acafemia to displace the incumbent bullshit.

My taste is to let others do the dirty work, personally, bit ultimately it's up to you
>>
>>7847020
You are from third world country and want to write literature in english?
>>
>>7847117
I was just saying, and the knowledge wouldn't hurt.
>>
Bunp
>>
>>7847035

Don't listen to him, psychology is legitimate. Be aware though that to have a real job that pays decently you will need to get a Phd in it. You can also study medicine and become a psychiatrist which is a glorified psychologist who can prescribe medicine and you get paid twice as much or more then a psychologist
>>
>>7847598
That ship has sailed due to decisions I made as a 15 year old so psychology is my only option
>>
>>7847011
If there'snothing holding you back froma double major, then just do both. But if you can only focus on one, just pick whichever you find most interesting and do private research on the other in your spare time. You're clearly interested in bpth and it seems like you have any idea where you could go with either in your country so it's really just a conflict of interests
>>
>>7848390
Did you rob a bank or something? You could hypothetically change directions at any time if you don't have criminal charges against you.
>>
>>7848420
Maybe I'll toss a coin lol
>>7848426
I have an "engineering" highschool degree, so my only options are humanities, engineering, science and other shit I never cared to know about
>>
>>7846977

GO STEM OR GO HOME.

No, seriously. Liberal arts degrees in general are for the leisure classes. You can read everything they teach in humanities colleges in your own time and pace without much loss, get a few friends doing meme degrees and you even have a decent debate group for those lazy saturday nights, but you can't really learn all the stuff of say an engineering degree on your own without lots of lab classes, lists with outrageously tight deadlines, brain fucking projects and real dedication to developing your problem solving skills.
>>
File: 1443484668816.jpg (240 KB, 1656x1009) Image search: [Google]
1443484668816.jpg
240 KB, 1656x1009
>>7849144
He fell for the STEM meme.
>>
>>7850390
>stem meme
You the memer, fagg
>>
>>7850390
dude, humanities degrees are completely useless. Who the fuck hires someone at a respectable job because they have been finger painting in school?
>>
>>7850484
Psychology isn't exactly finger painting
And English has more job opportunities in a third world shithole than nuclear engineering
Memes are a social construct that differ based on nationality desu
>>
>>7850390
Says the novelist moonlighting as a coffee barista.
>>
>>7849144
>non-humanities
>human
>>
>>7850484
>he isn't NEET
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.