[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm on page 157. I haven't picked it up in 3 months.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20160324_100219.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160324_100219.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
I'm on page 157. I haven't picked it up in 3 months. I remember vague details of what I read so far. Should I start over or continue? If I start over, I doubt I'll ever finish it.
>>
>>7846806
>he fell for the meme
>>
>>7846806

Skim what you've read so far; give it an hour or maybe two.
>>
Try putting it down and coming back to it later. Maybe read something else.

I recommend The Infinite Jest by DFW
>>
>>7846806
3 months? jeez, i'd say you're better off rereading those 157 pages and continue reading the book in its entirety when you have ample time to do so. why do you think you won't finish it? time constraints? life circumstances? find the novel boring? if it's the last one, maybe put off reading it some other time.
>>
File: 1453317585560.png (289 KB, 435x438) Image search: [Google]
1453317585560.png
289 KB, 435x438
>>7846806
>tfw took my book mark out of it today

I'll start it again in a year or so. For now it's officially not being read. I no longer have to feel bad about always starting new books and constantly having two books started.
>>
>>7846890
don't feel bad about not finishing books you're not into. i had to put down Absalom, Absalom! a couple of years ago, tried it again last month, and it finally clicked. sometimes you have to be in the mood as well as mentally in the right time for it.
>>
I'm in the same place with the bible, dropped it after the first four books of moses.
When it's good it's good but too much of it is shit.
>>
You failed the /lit/mus test.
>>
>>7846806
nobody in /lit/ read that shit.

It is a /mu/'s book.
>>
Read a synopsis/wiki entry of the plot until you start seeing unfamiliar things, then try going back in.
>>
>>7846890
I've been in this state for about seven months. Think I'll try again in 7 months. Really guilty I paid so much for it though.
>>
it's not even a hard book you plebs

i read it in 3 weeks the first time and 4 the second time
>>
>>7846970
/lit/, /mu/, /his/. . . They're all just spokes on a wheel.
>>
>>7846979
You sound retarded.
>>
>tfw reading the marijuana chapter at the beginning
>tfw stoned earlier and ate 3/4ths of a Louisiana crunch cake
>tfw he brings up pepto bismal
>tfw all you want is pepto bismal
>>
>>7846806
If you don't finished a book in two weeks you haven't really read it. For a book as long as Infinite Jest you can extent that for six weeks
>>
>>7849516
finish*
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.