[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /lit/, so I just finished reading the Mistborn trilogy.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: MistbornTrilogy.jpg (15 KB, 200x304) Image search: [Google]
MistbornTrilogy.jpg
15 KB, 200x304
Hey /lit/, so I just finished reading the Mistborn trilogy.

Is the novella series worth starting? I loved the overall universe of the original trilogy, but I worry that it won't feel right without the original characters.
>>
Isn't there a fantasy general for these questions? It doesn't deserve it's own thread.

To answer your question, take a break and come back to it. It's good, but different.
>>
>>7845645
don't bother; read ulysses
>>
>>7845645
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>7845706
There is and we hate this shit even there. It's basically one of the top 3 most reddit fantasy authors out there. It shames me that fantasy entails Peake and Wolfe while it also does Sanderson.
>>
>>7845742
all fantasy is reddit anon
>>
>>7845747
Fantasy is just a marketing term for the most part
>>
>>7845755
marketed towards redditors
>>
>>7845742
Everyone shits on Sanderson, but The Way of Kings is fucking legit.
>>
>>7845764

>>7845729
>>
>>7845742
Only Mistborn is mediocre, WoK of Sanderson is better than anything Wolfe has ever written.
>>
>>7845774
Well I mean this is a legit opinion for the mentally retarded.
>>
>>7845776
I'm sorry your favorite author is significantly worse than an author you dislike, and wish you the best of luck in coping with it.
>>
>>7845780
I'm sorry you cope with shit taste by shitposting
>>
>>7845742
Sorry guys, didn't know that this was so hated around here.

I've never heard of 'Wolfe', is it Gene Wolfe that is being mentioned? Any series or standalone books that I should consider reading from him?
>>
>>7845944
start with the greeks
>>
>>7845949
I couldn't find anything called the greeks, so I'm assuming you mean the Latro series?
>>
>>7845954
how new are you
>>
>>7845955
Well, considering I mentioned that I'd never heard of Gene Wolfe, fairly new.
>>
>>7845961
start with the greeks is a board meme in reference to their influence on western thought and literature

feel free to start with the greeks when you feel you are ready to upgrade to big boy books.
>>
>>7845966
Alright, what would you reccommend?
>>
>>7845645

I'm reading the second book right now, I don't get the hate, it's pretty solid
>>
>>7845986
/lit/ has a childish perpetual hate boner for most of the fantasy genre regardless of individual merit. Sanderson is a solid writer and the Mistborn Trilogy is a very well written trilogy. It sort of reminds me of how the Lightbringer series by Brent Weeks is turning out thus far.
>>
File: MEMES.jpg (1 MB, 3672x3024) Image search: [Google]
MEMES.jpg
1 MB, 3672x3024
>>7845968
>>
>>7845944
Peace, Book of the New Sun, Latro, short stories, 5th Head of Cerberus
>>
>>7845992

Why is all fantasy "reddit"?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.