[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>In Haruki Murakami's 1Q84 (2009), the main character
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 226x346) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 226x346
>In Haruki Murakami's 1Q84 (2009), the main character Aomame spends an entire fall locked in an apartment, where the book becomes her only entertainment. Aomame's days are spent eating, sleeping, working out, staring off the balcony to the city below and the moon above, and slowly reading through Lost Time.[28]

This sounds really comfy. Has anyone read it? Is it a comfy read?
>>
>>7844752
Never read it. I read the first 30 pages or so of Wind-Up Bird though and it was pretty decent. I just realized that 1984 and 1Q84 are pronounced the same in Japanese.
>>
>>7844752
DONT YOU EVER READ THIS FUCKING BOOK
>>
It's a comfy read, but some anons are upset about the lack of payoff at the end. I'm a journey-not-the-destination kind of guy, so I thought it was time well spent.
>>
>>7844752
reddit general?
>>
>>7844808
only a redditor would know ^)
>>
>main character reads, works out, eats & sleeps

doesn't this describe almost every memekami book? I've only read Kafka on the Shore besides
>>
>>7844752
for the longest time, i thought this book was called IQ 84 and was about a retarded girl
>>
It's not a particularly comfy read and there's a billion loose ends.
>>
It's one of Murakami's worst. Better to read his earlier works than anything post-Kafka on the Shore.
>>
>>7844806
Well said. I agree with this anon.
>>
>>7844879
It is about a retarded girl. Sort of.
>>
>>7844752
I actually picked it up because of 1Q84

It is really comfy/ I hope to pick up the other volumes when I can.
>>
>>7844879
Is this supposed to be an allusion to the beginning of Swanns way?

"For a long time I used to"
>>
>>7845019

Come on. 'For the longest time' is hardly an unusual or obscure phrase.
>>
>>7844752
>the main character Aomame spends an entire fall locked in an apartment, where the book becomes her only entertainment. Aomame's days are spent eating, sleeping, working out, staring off the balcony to the city below and the moon above, and slowly reading through Lost Time
>muh leisure

people should meditate instead of embracing hedonism.
>>
Definitely enjoyed it a lot. Sped through the novel in 3 days.
>>
>>7844752
I read one book by Murakami where exactly the same thing happened to some guy.
It struck me that the author had basically done this himself and was writing about his experience.
Reading Murakami is a massive waste of time.
>>
>>7845284
>tfw got memed into reading 4 murakami books before i realised they're all the same book
>>
>>7845284
>Reading Murakami is a massive waste of time

says the kid posting on 4chan
>>
>>7844799
IchKyuuHachyon
>>
I really like Murakami. If you can't appreciate a story without a proper conclusion then read fucking fairy tales
>>
>>7844752
Read Kafka on the Shore first, it has a character that spends his days reading and reflecting. if you like it move on to 1Q84.
>>
The taxi driver in Chapter 1 warns Aomame that things are not what they seem, but he also tells her: “Don’t let appearances fool you. There’s always only one reality”.
Does this statement hold true throughout the novel?
Is there only one reality, despite what appears to be a second reality that Aomame and Tengo enter?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.