[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone have any good books or resources on cognitive behavioural
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
Anyone have any good books or resources on cognitive behavioural therapy and how to implement it? Preferably but not necessarily with a focus on addiction?
>>
Cognitive-Behavioral Treatment of Borderline Personality Disorder by Marsha Linehan

plus the skills training manuals and the worksheets

but you should be doing CBT with a licensed therapist and they should give you worksheets, you can't really do it by yourself from reading a book
>>
>>7843683
Are you sure because I really want to try it myself?
>>
>>7844318

For what purpose?
>>
>>7843683
yea her work on dialectical behavior therapy earned her a monopoly in therapy with borderline personality disorder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4Ccpqh6giM

I like her attitude as a therapist in this video though I don't know too much about her overall
>>
I was going to recommend some things but, I think that a therapist would be a better option to help you through whatever it is that's going on in your life (including recommending CBT resources if you ask for them). A lot of insurance companies will completely cover therapist visits.
>>
>>7844747
Weed. I smoke way too much and have tried to quit several times and have now managed to stay sober for 2-3 months at a time but whenever I am around a friend doing it I inevitably start again and binge for little while before I stop again.
>>
>>7845981
Same boat here anon

read the stoics it helped me a ton, specifically meditations. that book is my bible.
>>
>>7843665
Mindfulness in Plain English, Meditations, and Feeling Better are all pretty good.
>>
>>7846353
Yeah I listened to a podcast episode on Marcus Aurelius and it blew me away and I do plan on reading it but I'm a bit of a newbie and am slowly starring with the Greeks and was going to finish that before tackling meditations. So far I've just briefly glanced at the Stoics and really like it.

>>7846728
Thanks I do meditate a bit but I still fall into that trap of my own addictions
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.