[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Borges who appears in the works Borges, just acts as Borges,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: DUDE MIRRORS LMAO.jpg (16 KB, 200x250) Image search: [Google]
DUDE MIRRORS LMAO.jpg
16 KB, 200x250
The Borges who appears in the works Borges, just acts as Borges, but isn't Borges, although in reality he is Borges.

Let's discuss this thought /lit/
>>
Only that one does not believe in the other so they differ in time.
>>
>>7843441
Could you please elaborate? Also, what short story are you talking about?
>>
dude like what if there was an infinite library lmao -takes another puff-
>>
>>7843457
I'm pretty sure all in which Borges appear. It's something my teacher said today
>>
>>7843460

Now go write Gravity's Rainbow.
>>
Borges works a lot with metanarrative. It's only natural that people interpret the narrator himself to be part of the metafictional nature of his work. I personally disagree with the implication that ALL of his multiple Borges narrators have this purpose (his short story The other one is an exception); but on the other hand, one should interpret Borges' elements and themes as they please.
Also, what's up with all the Borges threads? I like them, but it seems unusual.
>>
>>7844139
>Also, what's up with all the Borges threads? I like them, but it seems unusual.
Unusual?
Almost like a Borges story?
Are we even alive or are we just part of yet another infinite story of a dead Argentinian writer?
>>
>>7844149
Bioy Casares?
>>
>>7844149
>tfw we'll never be a part of Borges mind.
>>
>over-analyzing this hard

I mean, Borges work had a lot of subtext, but some are taking it too far
>>
>>7844357
Borges is entirely subtext.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.