[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which edition of Finnegans Wake should I get? and why has it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: finnegans.jpg (134 KB, 1000x1488) Image search: [Google]
finnegans.jpg
134 KB, 1000x1488
Which edition of Finnegans Wake should I get?

and why has it not been published by Everyman's Library???
>>
bump, you fucking plebants
>>
Oxford World's Classics

Now fuck off.
>>
delete this you faggot
>>
>>7842893
Penguin because you don't need oxford's notes. It's meant to be confusing and flipping to the notes after every sentence would make it a dreadful chore to read.
>>
what about this one https://booko.co.uk/9781447470298/Finnegans-Wake

are there any hardcover editions that arent heinously expensive?
>>
>>7843002
Oxford doesn't have notes, you idiot. Next time do some research before memeing.
>>
Get the Oxford one it looks the nicest, and I have it and it's as good as it gets. If you want notes your gonna need one of the supplementary books
>>
>>7843142
hows the paper & print quality etc
>>
>>7843152
It's perfect, not like how their Ulysses edition (which I still like) is a scan of one of the original 1922 editions which leave printing errors and typos the Finnegan's wake edition is made to look nice. Also all the sections with weird formatting are still intact. And it's cheap.

Just buy it already :)
>>
>>7843182
if i cant find a decent hardcover edition i probably will

what makes the oxford better than the penguin?
>>
The only problem with the Oxford edition is that the spine sucks and I have several pages that look as though they're about to split the book in half.

Are there any sturdier editions with all of Joyce's corrections?
>>
>>7843391
wow
youve turned me off the oxford edition
>>
how many language should i know to read this???
>>
>>7843445
all of them
>>
>>7843311
apparently the penguin one changed the format so if you plan on researching and clarifying certain parts as you go using the penguin edition will make it more difficult to do so.
>>
>>7843517
what do you mean changed the format?

changed it from how joyce wrote it?

why would they do that?
>>
>>7843663
He probably means the pagination is different from the original manuscript (they either split it into more pages or put more stuff on less pages) though Penguin has been known to make typoes and other sorts of copyediting errors with long books so who knows.
>>
>>7843692
aww fuck
so if penguin messes with the formatting
and oxford falls apart

what does a nigga do???

what about this version that i posted previously >>7843074
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.