[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/lit/izens, did you ever read a lightnovel? Do you wanna talk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: Anime was a mistake 1.gif (2 MB, 410x230) Image search: [Google]
Anime was a mistake 1.gif
2 MB, 410x230
/lit/izens, did you ever read a lightnovel?
Do you wanna talk about them in general? Lightnovels are just anime bullshit, fixed into a book, or there is something more?
In my opinion, if there are good anime, there must be good lightnovels.
>>
>>7842653
You want to talk about them without having read any?

Like with everything else, there's a few good ones, and a lot of garbage.
>>
>In my opinion, if there are good anime, there must be good lightnovels.
The logic holds, yet there aren't good light novels. What does that tell you?
>>
/pol/ here
Japshit is for cucks
>>
>>7842657
>You want to talk about them without having read any?
Well some tips for start might help, no? I want to read a few of them, mostly because I enyoed the anime adaptation, but I started the thred with a little hope to enstablish a discussion.
Btw I wanna read Overlord, Toradora, Log horizon and No game no life.

>>7842658
>The logic holds, yet there aren't good light novels. What does that tell you?
Maybe there will be good lightnovel in the future. And with 'good' every opinion is different. For example: lightnovels started with Suzumiya Haruhi, but Slyers and Vampire hunter D are not also lightnovel?
>>
>>7842675
Overlord and NGNL are good, the other two are shit.

Owari no Chronicle & Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon are by far the best light novels out currently, extreme depth and unmatched world building. They aren't really 'light' either compared to other LN and pretty massive in size. I'd honestly put them above a lot of Western 'classics, but these two are outliers and far above in quality to other light novel series.

Most other LN just range from enjoyable to almost great, decent time wasters if you're in the mood for them.
>>
File: 1456770620420.jpg (39 KB, 398x500) Image search: [Google]
1456770620420.jpg
39 KB, 398x500
>>7842688
Thanks for the tips dude.

The strange thing about LN is the velocity they are written. Overlord and most LN have two pubblication per year. Okay, they are mostly short, written in arcs like manga to continue till popularity holds, but jesus.
>>
>>7842703
That's true, also a lot of translators are either really slow or bad.

Luckily OnC is completed and Horizon has a very dedicated translator, so no problems here.
>>
Loving the Miyasaki posting lately.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.