[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
''Sometimes it's better to travel than is it to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: uber.jpg (167 KB, 1024x773) Image search: [Google]
uber.jpg
167 KB, 1024x773
Is the seemingly endless search for something, anything... worthwhile in the end?
Does all of the constant stabbing pain, hunger and torment pay off, or is it all for nothing?

Why choose to keep your integrity but lose all else in this world and still push on?

Do the ''normies'', as you call them, win?
The happy. The blissfully ignorant, or as the internet likes to call them ''blue pilled''...
Do they ultimately perform better on the grand stage that is this frail existence?
They reproduce, they are happy, they produce, they spend, they consume, they regurgitate...
Only now do I begin to understand what that one lone man meant when he referred to this as ''The Gay Science''... Are the ''over thinkers'' for lack of a better phrase, an anomaly? An error that will be erased eventually? Biologically faulty...

What do you make of it all?
>>
One day you will experience the interconnectedness of all things and realize that you are only a transient part of an eternal and necessary whole.
>>
>>7840697
I would like that comment much more if you used the world ''Hole'' instead... Seems more fitting
>>
>>7840697
Just to add on. You will need to prepare for this experience by fasting, praying, and purging all cynical Jewish-Marxist literature from your bookcase. I don't fear death anymore.
>>
>>7840701
Holes don't exist though, strictly speaking, do they?
>>
>>7840707
ofc not
>>
>>7840687

Even though it may seem banal, you have to have it all within yourself 'in the now', right now is always what you have, it doesn't matter, but how you react to it not mattering, matters.
and 'normies' aren't really any more happy than anyone else, ignorance is not bliss. you can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.
>>
It's not a competition, you do what's right for you and the normies do what's right for them.
>>
>>7840755
Most irresponsible comment of the day right there.
It is a competition. It's all a competition. This is nature, how don't you see?
>>
Perfection is unattainable. Striving for it ensures the benefit and purpose of the journey without the hollowness that comes after many other journeys.
>>
File: 1456153714738.jpg (106 KB, 749x826) Image search: [Google]
1456153714738.jpg
106 KB, 749x826
>>7840772
>Mfw you are on the wrong side of the door between society and your soul
Don't worry. I can help you find your key.
>>
>>7841204
that smile is a sign of respect or deference in white cultures, maybe if nignogs had a similar expression in their culture they wouldn't have to shoot each to death all the time
>>
>>7841204
I make that expression all the time, but it's because i'm trying to rip my face out. So far it's working. Don't hate tha playa.
>>
>>7840772
I am afraid that I must judge you.
This comment is the truly irresponsible one.
Competition is a means, it is not always necessary, and is only relevant to the ends met.
What are you competing for, and who are you competing against?
Ask yourself, "What is the end I am striving for?" and why, most important of all, why.
Chances are, you, like most humans, are striving for contentment, you might construct illusions around contentment to trick yourself that you are seeking something different.
But at the bottom of your seeking, you seek contentment.
And let me tell you something about contentment, it is a feeling you give to yourself.
You may give yourself conditions to overcome or obtain before contentment is reached.
But no matter what you obtain, or what challenges you overcome to reach contentment, at the end, the feeling's origin is from your own being.
An object does not hold contentment within it, you manifest contentment within yourself when you obtain it. A trick of the mind.
An action does no hold contentment within it, you manifest contentment after or while you preform the action.
But still, the contentment is manifested within yourself.
Do you see now, that competition need not exist for you to realize your contentment?
Co-operation can enhance multiple people temporarily.
Competition can enhance multiple people temporarily, but it will also detract a different set of people consequently.
We are evolving beyond animalistic tendencies of fight or flight.
Do not pigeon-hole yourself into such a base, and mean role with such weak rationalizations as "This is nature."
No matter what occurs, it is nature, do not fool yourself into thinking one occurrence is more natural than another.
Choose what is the most uplifting path, and it is not competitive. Rather, it is co-operative.
>>
>>7841204
last weekend some puerto rican at the mall in my city punched the fucking easter bunny his kid was taking a photo with thinking it was some whiteboi college kid or something, but it turned out it was a hood black dude who promptly took off his rabbit paws and beat that ass lmao not so tough now huh but seriously why can't everyone just be white or asian and live in a harmonious and peaceful society
>>
Normies are a statistical mass of cultural expressions shifting and sliding across an atomised mass of farm animals with farm animal instincts.

Being self-aware isn't about being "better" than some retard who uses his Smartphone all day, any more than you are "better" than a wild pig. You're a person and the pig and Smartphone guy aren't. It's probably immoral to gas either the pig or the Smartphone guy for being unconscious, but you don't have to listen seriously to their thoughts or opinions. Especially if you ever get any kind of power over them.
>>
>>7840755
Then why aren't you our being a normie and 'winning' your competition which you obviously think they are doing.

If you don't think you can win as any do, as any person should in competition, bow out.

In other words. Kill yourself m8
>>
>>7840697
>babby's first philosophy
I experienced this the first time I did psychedelics
>>
>>7840772
>Dude survival of the fittest am i right?
We are so far beyond nature there is absolutely no reason for us to compare human beings to animals. There aren't animals who drive cars, go to work, buy food from a grocery store, etc.
You are not a part of nature anymore. We are abominations.
>>
>>7842921

I never said normies were "winning". I'm happy being me and that's all that matter. All I'm saying is that it's ridiculous to get triggered by the fact that some people value alcohol and social relationships over English, who gives a shit.

>all this projection
>>
>>7842921
Did you even read his post?
Why would someone who explicitly stated that he thinks it ISN'T a competition feel the need to win?
>>
>>7842912
The thing about this train of thought is that it is very difficult to assess whether you're part of that 'atomised mass of farm animals'. Many people believe they are not, but their views are so easily traced to a few sources that the idea that they are thinking freely is ridiculous. It is very hard to examine your own views and see if this is true of them as well, not least because articulating your own fundamental beliefs is a form of philosophy which is not at all simple.
>>
>>7842894
Disagree. A lot of the things people strive for can only be achieved through by submitting yourself to competitive contests. Like publishing your novel.
>>
>>7842957
You do not need to compete to publish a novel.
You might want to compete so that you garner elevated levels of attention through popular publishing companies, thereby reaping more money... but you needn't compete to publish a novel.
Anyone can self-publish a novel if they wish.
And why do you think that these things people strive for are important to the individual?
Because somewhere in their consciousness they believe that accomplishing the action will bring them contentment.
It is a way, but it is a fickle way.
Contentment is manifested within the mind.
If you rely on outside sources to catalyze that manifestation, then your contentment will be always beyond your reach.
What is it that you disagree with about my post?
Did you even read it?
>>
>>7842933
Lol…and now you've moved on to what exactly?

>>7840753
>you have to have it all within yourself 'in the now'

have WHAT within myself?
>>
>>7843157
he almost absolutely definitely did not read it.

appreciating these sentiments btw
>>
>>7840772
There is no us or them. The only dichotomy that can be said to exist is that between all 7 and a half billion people and the individual. OP should live his life in a way that fulfills him regardless of any and all stigma
>>
>>7843180
Your appreciation is appreciated, thank you
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.