[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why try anything if we are all going to die anyway /r/ philosophy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 1427429166046.png (245 KB, 378x428) Image search: [Google]
1427429166046.png
245 KB, 378x428
why try anything if we are all going to die anyway

/r/ philosophy to motivate myself to make the most rational decision in my life: killing myself
>>
File: le policeman face.jpg (207 KB, 692x960) Image search: [Google]
le policeman face.jpg
207 KB, 692x960
>Give me an objective argument to make a decision that I'll only ever make based on subjective information
>>
Ur right dude lmao, just smoke some nice Weeeed in your mum's basements. Repeat after me, kid;

smoke some nice Weeeeeeed!!! (smoke some nice weeeeeed) -____- *inhales some really nice WeƩeeeeed*Damn...... That is some nice Weeeeeeed o_____o heh
>>
>>7839553
but it's an objective fact that we are all going to die, and what we achieve in this world is meaningless in long-term
>>
>>7839569
If that objective information were enough reason for you to kill yourself, you wouldn't be here now.
>>
Because if you didn't try anything you're better off dead anyway.
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 300x400
>>7839538
A book that covers this pretty well.
>>
Because if you didn't try anything you're better off dead anyway.

Sun shining, evaporating woes
Giving light whilst happiness to those
Who appreciate his kingdom
The brightly colored fauna which all appear
As he clothes
Every living creature with love, light and warmth
Like his children in the forest,
The trees,
Curing
All
woes
>>
Because life is the jail the gods put us in and it would break their laws if we tried escaping. We must wait to be liberated. -plato (?)
>>
>>7839538
what's the point of killing yourself when you can live life eating shit food and jerking off to hentai and be happy until you die?
>>
>>7839981
Answer OPs question retard.
>>
If everything is pointless, then killing yourself is also pointless.
So why bother?
>>
>>7840090
it's less effort to kill oneself than it is to go through the motions of life
>>
Look into existentialism
>>7839612
is the best (and only) suggestion in this thread
>>
>>7839612
nice meme
>>
>>7840100
What if you just laid down on the floor right now and stopped doing anything until you were dead.
>>
>>7840118
No one on /lit/ has the willpower to do that. The hunger and thirst will make you get up.
>>
>>7840118
would be more effort/suffering involved than some other suicide methods, a la opiate overdose/helium suffocation.

also I personally think life might be worthwhile, but I'm not sure.
>>
>>7840100
It is less effort over the entire course of the life, but the will necessary to make that one act is too much for most people. It's like moving 100 stones at once or 1000 one by one.
>>
>>7840118
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_qMagfZtv8
>>
>>7839538
Vanity. Or, equally, empathy.
>>
>>7839538
>the most rational decision in my life: killing myself
What a fucking drama queen.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.