[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Steppenwolf - Hermann Hesse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: Steppenwolf - Hesse.jpg (13 KB, 311x475) Image search: [Google]
Steppenwolf - Hesse.jpg
13 KB, 311x475
What is this pretentious garbage. Is it 2deep4me or am I missing something?

Currently 70p in.
>>
>>7836810
>pretentious garbage

You've answered your own question, the same is true for Hesse's other books.
>>
>>7836839
t. only read siddhartha and the wikipedia article of steppenwolf
>>
What's wrong with it?
It's a good book you shitty 4chan hipster
"HURRDURR IM SO ANTI-NORMIE LOOK AT ME DISLIKING STEPPENWOLF"
>>
>>7836851
'muh special autist rambling with difficult words'
>>
>>7836878
>difficult words
>steppenwolf

i'm sorry you're mentally retarded friend. hope life works out for you. try getting off the internet.
>>
Steppenwolfe portrayed my own personality perfectly until he started having sex
>>
I think it's fantastic, maybe it's just not your cup of tea
>>
I've only read Siddhartha. Glad I'm not the only one finding it pretentious mumbo jumbo. I'd basically "old bourgeois manchild:the book."
>>
>>7837311
plebs are just so eager to expose themselves eh?
>>
if you think this book or other herman hesse books suck, good, stop reading them. continue to be a fucking idiot, herman hesse and his adoring readers dont give a single fuck.

stay pleb, faggots.
>>
>>7837335
Whatever you say manlet. Now go hug a tree or something.
>>
>implying you can understand shit about steppenwolf without reading the last 20 pages

WEW LAD
>>
>>7837388
the insecurity kek.
>>
jack kerouac called steppenwolf shitty in Big Sur
>>
>>7836839
As an Indian i can safely say that Siddhartha was an absolute bland cheesecake. I'll never understand the Westerners' appreciation of that cherry-picked mediocrity.
>>
>>7837661
DESIGNATED
>>
>>7837659
jack kerouac is also a giant hack and his opinion may be safely discarded
>>
>>7837661
It's western litterature, you wouldn't understand
>>
>>7837659
>"if Jack Kerouac said it it must be the truth"
>>
>>7837671
>>7837790
I'm not saying I agree with it, I'm just commenting that Kerouac thought it blew. I haven't read it, so I don't have an opinion on it.
>>
ill never understand people who rather than spending their time on literature they like and enjoy decide to rip on books they dislike

i guess its some sort of fear of missing out?
>>
>>7837311
Why do people insist on pointing out something that is intentional about the book as if it were a mistake and their intelligence is so superior to the author for being aware of this?

>I thought Holden Caulfield was annoying
>>
I liked Knulp better anyways.
>>
>>7837872
> implying reading can be fun
>>
>>7837116
we all know that feel
>>
>>7836810
I enjoyed reading it at age 15.
Maybe you should try getting good.
>>
>>7837335
it's honestly unreal
>>
>>7837671
I think this has more to do with the pre and post Timothy Leary attitudes toward psychoactive drugs than anything.
>>
>>7836810
It seems pretty straightforward to me.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.