[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey guys, i thought u guys would be knowledgeable about this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: Board.png (3 MB, 1776x1000) Image search: [Google]
Board.png
3 MB, 1776x1000
hey guys, i thought u guys would be knowledgeable about this sort of thing.

what are the 2 women between jesus called?

are they nuns?

thanks
>>
Mary Magdalene and his mum Mary
>>
the woman in blue is mary. the woman in red is mary magdelen, the woman who washed jesus' feet with her hair.

depending on which book of the bible you read the first mary could be his mother, or the mother of james and joseph, but since she's wearing blue, she's more likely mary, jesus' mother, in this pic.

the other mary can be jesus' mother's relative, also called mary, but since her hair is down and she is wearing red, it's likely mary magdelene.

tl;dr- >>7831550 is the most likely answer but it's not always the case since there's many marys to choose from for this scene.
>>
Yes what the other two said. I seem to remember hearing that if a Renaissance painting depicted a figure with gold around their head it means they're a Saint of some sort, basically they won't just be nuns.
>>
>>7831598
>gold around their head
You mean a fucking halo? Was this sort of thing not part of general education for you guys?
>>
File: 1438886670321.jpg (43 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
1438886670321.jpg
43 KB, 636x358
>>7831598
>he thinks he's advanced the conversation with this post
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.