[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My kid brother (he's 12) decided that he wants to write
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: mWmr3gd.jpg (496 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
mWmr3gd.jpg
496 KB, 1920x1200
My kid brother (he's 12) decided that he wants to write something that's good enough to get published. I asked him write me a page so I could see where he is and give him some pointers/motivation, because I know how much that would've helped me when I tried things like this.

I was hoping you guys could take a look and toss some thoughts, too. Here's his thing. http://pastebin.com/XXs2n2br
>>
>>7829557
I'll only read when you admit it was you whom wrote it.
>>
>>7829569
It's not, but I'll post some of my own writing in the thread once it gets going.
>>
>>7829557
>Learn the difference between story and plot
>subject matter is dull; think about what makes a book you enjoy reading enjoyable---replicate that
>read widely so as to improve vocabulary
>avoid repetition
>cut out all cliches unless you can justify their inclusion
>syntax is okay
>>
When I was twelve I wrote like this
>HehEHhE ThATs sure funne xDDDDD
>>
>>7829591
At least you didn't talk..... like..... this...? o.0

Thank fuck all of the stuff I wrote got trashed when the shitty website i used went down
>>
>>7829557
the formatting is shit and the whole thing is wordy. Tell him to read an article on wordiness and copy paste straight to pastebin instead of wasting his time double spacing the lines manually and making it look presentable.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.