[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw drunk existential crisis wherein I realize the inherent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 223x226) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 223x226
>tfw drunk existential crisis wherein I realize the inherent limits of words as a medium and begin to worry that not working in more "advanced" mediums like videogames or whatever or whatever is inherently pseudointellectual
prove to me that man idiot /lit/.
>>
I mean... It's never too late to change your path.

Words are pretty cool, anon. Don't give up on 'em so quick.
>>
>>7827720
Read Laszlo Krasznahorkai.
OR learn programming and video game design AND continue writing. IT might be just the thing you need to give you a new angle on your work and fall back in love with writing.
>>
>>7827727
fuck man idk.when I was an edgy 16 year old I thought videogames were the entertainment future or ehatever. Now that I'm ab edgy 18 year oldi have far more emotionally invested in books, but even though I'm more aware of how limited other forms are by their nature I still worry lit has peaked as a form with e.g. Joyce.
>>
>>7827731
This dude again. Maybe this'll help you...

"he felt to weak to halt by himself the triumphal progress of the wrecking process, however he might try, there being nothing he could do in the face of the power that ruined houses, walls, tress and fields, the birds that divided from their high stations, the beasts that scurried forth, and all the human bodies, desires and hopes, knowing he wouldn't, in any case, have the strength, however he tried, to resist this treacherous assault on humanity; and knowing this, he understood, just in time, that the best he could do was to use his memory to fend off the sinister, underhanded process of decay, trusting in the fact that since all that mason might build, carpenter might construct, woman might stitch, indeed all that men and women had brought forth with bitter tears was bound to turn to an undifferentiated, runny, underground, mysteriously ordained mush, his memory would remain lively and clear, right until his organs surrendered and 'conformed to the contract whereby their business affairs were wound up', that is to say until his bones and flesh fell prey to the vultures hovering over death and decay. He decided to watch everything very carefully and to record it constantly, all with the aim of not missing the smallest detail, because he realized with a shock that to ignore the apparently insignificant was to admit that one was condemned to sit defenseless on the parapet connecting the rising and falling members of the bridge between chaos and comprehensible order. However apparently insignificant the event, whiter it be the ring of tobacco ash surrounding the table, the direction from which the wild geese first appeared, or a series of seemingly meaningless human movements, he couldn't afford to task his eyes off it and must note it all down, since only by doing do could he hope not to vanish one day and fall a silent captive to the infernal arrangement whereby the wold decomposes but is at the same time constantly in the process of self-construction. It was not, however, enough to remember things conscientiously: that 'was insufficient in itself', not up to the task: one had to compile and comprehend such signs as still remained in order to discover the means whereby the perfectly maintained memory's sphere of influence might be extended and sustained over a period."
>>
Meticulously comment your programming. Develop as a tapestry woven equally of prose and code, and in this manner veil your wisdom from the unwashed.
>>
>>7827735

Just follow what seems really, really good. Think about it quite a bit too, of course... But whatever suits you will line up with you. Like a cosmic vibration.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.