[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Three Body Problem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: ThreeBodyProblem.jpg (46 KB, 332x499) Image search: [Google]
ThreeBodyProblem.jpg
46 KB, 332x499
Is it all hype /lit/?
>>
first book interesting but uneven in writing/narartive/pacing; 2nd book amazing 3rd book good as well

one of the best sci fi series
>>
it's actually tras

it's just some autist going on about muh video game

the only interesting thing about it is that it was set in the cultural revolution, but that BARELY comes up

DO NOT RECOMMEND
>>
Depends on your interest in Fermi's paradox.

It's a solid scifi, can be predictable.
>>
>>7827140
It's impressive. It took the first contact concept and expounded a conspiracy around it with more verve and nuance than any other story of the same vein. And when it goes into its conspiracy, the scale of the paranoia it goes into is comparable to PKD's Three Stigmata. The symbolism of the past and present of the novel parallel each other elegantly.

The characterization is a little grim, many of the characters had very hard lives, and there's not too much humor to enliven the atmosphere.
>>
the translator, Ken Liu, is a really good scifi writer in his own right. I'd recommend The Man Who Ended History: A Documentary.

Here's the link for anyone who would like to read it:
http://kenliu.name/binary/liu_the_man_who_ended_history.pdf

I haven't read three-body yet, but i'd like to, if i can ever get around to it.
>>
>>7827145
How did you read the 3rd book? Are you fluent in chinese?
>>
>>7827632
would like to hear the perspective of a scientist on this issue
>>
>>7828839
yes
>>
i piratied the ebook but didn't read lol
>>
>>7830332
lolz
>>
>>7827140
Fuck yeah, who's psyched for book club tomorrow?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.