[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name a more meta novel. Protip: you simply cannot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 310x475) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 310x475
Name a more meta novel.

Protip: you simply cannot
>>
barth in general
>>
Yeah, Barth and DFW's "Westwards The Empire Takes Its Course".
>>
>>7822784
His title is missing some words.
0/10 would not consider reading
>>
The Neverending Story
>>
There's actually not so much in the way of metafiction going on here though. In spite of its acknowledging the reader, everything in its narrative is self contained, even its central character which is first assumed to be 'you' takes on a written role.

I would say Pale Fire, Lost in The Funhouse, just about anything that engages a greater degree of self awareness.
>>
>>7822784
Is this actually enjoyable to read on a formal level or is it just playing around with narrative structures?
>>
>>7822806
I liked it. I read a lot though. I gave it to a friend who didn't read that much and he didn't like it. So fuck depends how much you read.
>>
>>7822795
kek, that's part of the meta aspect, which you'd have to read to learn more about

>>7822806
It's pretty much a single story/narrative comprised and revolving around a bunch of unrelated short stories, which are in turn pretty riveting.
>>
This is my first visit on /lit/ and I see Calvino immediatly, wow.
Is he a board favorite?
>>
>>7822823

generally yes, why?
>>
>>7822818
i very rarely read and i enjoyed it

it's less to do with how much you read than it is to do with how much you dig postmodernism
>>
>>7822825
Because Calvino is great, he was my childhood. Just happy about it.
>>
>>7822784
Of course I can't, I wouldn't be able to claim I've read it (for here nobody may pronounce themselves on a book they haven't read) while complaining about my copy having been misprinted
>>
>>7822850
Haha same mine too. The book I purchased was not inside it. Some other fucking book was.
>>
>>7822833
>i very rarely read
/lit/, everybody.
>>
breakfast of champions
>>
>>7822930
go back to /reddit/ retard
>>
>>7822806
both
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.