[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are Argentines deserving of their literary reputation, or do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (79 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
79 KB, 1920x1080
Are Argentines deserving of their literary reputation, or do they have that reputation only because the rest of Latin America is shit?
>>
With the exception of Borges (debatable) Argentina has no discernible talent
>>
>>7822759
>(debatable)
you serious mate
>>
>>7822742

Latin America has great literature, and it is beating both Spain and Portugal for quite some time now.

You don’t have even read anything of that part of the world and yet somehow find yourself in the position to call a lot of material “shit”.
>>
>>7823125
Borges has not even one serious work
>>
>>7822759
>With the exception of Borges (debatable) Argentina has no discernible talent

Says the guy who has read only Borges
>>
>>7823148
>one serious work

What is a serious work in your judgment?
>>
>>7822759
>Borges
>Roberto Arlt
>Manuel Puig
>Juan Jose Saer
>Juan Gelman
>Julio Cortisol
should I mention more?
>>
>>7823171
Surely not a bunch of shit poetry, some child story compilation and essays
>>
>>7823181
Sub par shit comparable with the worst 'known' western authors
>>
>>7823187

You have not answered the question. I would like to know what you look for in a book, what makes a book great in your opinion. It is not an unjust question, for you are criticizing a very respected and celebrated writer, so I guess you might explain us why you don’t like him.

And I have not even made a more serious question: what writers do you consider great?
>>
>>7823195

How do you know? you have not read them.
>>
OP confirmed fraud
>>
>>7822742

/pol/tard trying to hide in a somewhat /lit/ modeled thread
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.