[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to read a book a day? Is it even worth it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: man.jpg (81 KB, 1278x648) Image search: [Google]
man.jpg
81 KB, 1278x648
Is it possible to read a book a day?
Is it even worth it?
>>
>>7822145
Possible - obviously (see: most novels under 200 pages). Worth it? Probably not. I'd give myself 2-3 days to actually read and comprehend the text, maybe more. For longer books it's out of the question imho.
>>
You dont need to read whole book bro :) no one does that :) you just open a book, read a wise sentence amd ta dam you got iт;)?
>>
Without speed reading, probably if you have the time.
With speed reading, certainly, but I don't count it as true reading, which demands time for contemplation.
>>
yeah i have 37 books in my book account
>>
Depending on the complexity of the book, yes. I wouldn't be surprised at someone reading a young adult novel in a day, even if they are in the target audience's intended age range.
>>
>>7822155(checked)
And I have 37 dubs in my dubs account
And only 37 /lit/ posts in my /lit/ post account
>>
KNAWLEDGE.
>>
I knocked through the whole of Hear The Wing Sing in one day then the whole of Siddharta the next day, didn't really need to contemplate the former because it was shit and I needed something to wipe it from my mind. Both were ~120 pages though, so it's possible.
>>
>>7822154
>contemplation
Bro everyone knows it's all about volume. Don't you wanna have a sweet lambo in your garage? Gotta get those numbers up.
>>
>>7822145
It's not worth it from an enjoyment or learning standpoint because pretty much everyone retains a lot less after reading for 45 minutes straight. Might as well take it a little slower and actually absorb the material.
>>
A book a week, give or take two and a half hours of dedicated reading a day (if you have the time to afford it), is a good goal to strive for.

A book a month should be the bare minimum.
>>
Sometimes I do this and I can't see anything wrong with this (as mentioned before, under 200 pages). Reading slowly is more enjoyable, but so many books and so little time. When I see interesting pages/paragraphs I bookmark them and re-read them after finishing book(sometimes i spend 30minutes or so re-reading all bookmarked parts from many books). After a while i re-write liked bookmarked parts into notebook.

But all in all it depends on the book. Remember that one book that you spend weeks reading and got nothing from it.
>>
>>7822205
>(if you have the time to afford it)
it all boils down to this desu
>>
>>7822205
Yeah I've been doing a book a week. 300 page book takes me about 6 days. The quickest I've ever read a book was Solaris in 3 days. It was pretty short though. I don't even know why I read it so fast. It wasn't that good.
>>
>>7824361
How long do you spend reading each day?
>>
>>7824391
Looks like 1-2 hours
>>
>>7822145
You know what I like even more than Knawledge?

This nice new tortellini I bought to drive around in.
>>
>>7824391
Honestly I don't really know. I usually read about 50 pages a day. I get home from work and read and chat with the gf and shit post all at the same time.
>>
Someone get sebastian on the line.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.