[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Myth of Sisyphus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 11987.jpg (20 KB, 308x475) Image search: [Google]
11987.jpg
20 KB, 308x475
Why must one imagine Sisyphus happy, /lit/?
>>
Because he'll never have to read moronic questions on the internet.
>>
>>7819546

Because the self-delusion of happiness is all we have in the bleak and painful world. If we commit to our own ordeal (Sisyphus pushing the boulder up the hill), then we have nothing to live for until we finally die and perish. The brief moments of happiness is all we have, so you better enjoy them, because we will be pushing boulders nonetheless.
>>
>>7819546
One doesn't. One has many more options than Sisyphus' task, even metaphorically.
>>
>>7819560

sounds like a good book, I'll put it on my list
>>
>>7819560
Its not the brief moments of happiness as much as it is about learning to find the pleasure in the absurd
>>
>>7819546
If Sisyphus is happy doing something which could be described as the epitome of meaningless, then you can be happy doing whatever it is you do.
It's kind of stupid but at least he tried
>>
File: miya-san.jpg (1 MB, 1368x4312) Image search: [Google]
miya-san.jpg
1 MB, 1368x4312
>>7819546
must we?
>>
>>7819546
I don't really understand how the woo in this book is supposed to discourage suicide.
>>
>>7819546
Just look at /fit/. Look how Happy they are, running in their little treadmills and pushing weights up and up again. It seems their joy comes not so much from their "gains" (which start to vanish the moment they break their beloved routine), but from the repetetive excercise itself. Standing in front of a gym for only 5 minutes watching the poor souls inside struggleing on their home trainers while being stuck in place will erase all doubt about the truthfulness of Camus' statement.
>>
>>7819560
So why shouldn't we kill ourselves?
>>
>>7819560
Man Camus was a fucking idiot
>>
>>7820821
I'm from /fit/ and this is generally true

I just wanted a sixpack when I started but now "looking good" is like of tertiary importance(I do look a lot better now, but its just a bonus)

it's the concentrated effort and the release afterwards that keeps me hooked

it's made me realize that the above sentence is the key to living a fulfilling life, you just need to find the shit you want to make the effort for

if I weren't such a pussy I'd join the foreign legion or something, city life is so dulling because there's never enough struggle to contrast with the rest and release

you need to have your balls kicked from time to time to appreciate life
>>
>>7819560
how is sisyphusian happiness a delusion
>>
>>7820985
errything a delusion when you deep enough into the rabbit hole
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.