[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
are their writings/subjects similar to each other? what's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: pynchon foster thomas.png (176 KB, 407x249) Image search: [Google]
pynchon foster thomas.png
176 KB, 407x249
are their writings/subjects similar to each other?
what's the differance?
>>
>>7818155
W H A T
H
A
T
>>
Just read a book and stop being so fucking lazy
>>
>>7818155
Pinecone is more of a textbook postmodernist while DFW (unsuccessfully) tried to eschew postmodernism or go back to a state before it by intentionally emphasizing its flaws.
>>
I can't stand DFWs prose or narrative, it sounds pretentious and snobby in my head (inb4 thats le point)
Pinecone is breddy gud tho
>>
No.

Pynchon got out and about into the world, and had a set of experiences vast and far more varied than DFW, and it shows in his writing. Pynchon studied Americana and wrote various fictions across an epic range of history. DFW studied what was trendy in academia, sticking with the relatively recent.

I wouldn't place one above the other in terms of quality of writing, but Pynchon's wider ranging across history makes him more varied and interesting.
>>
why haven't jews been able to dominate literature the same way they have been able to conquer other forms of media? seems weird that they should control everything else but somehow literature resists their tricks?
>>
>>7818375
Literally all YA stuff is jew shit
>>
>>7818375

They don't dominate writing, they dominate publishing. Right outta the play-book, like everything else they do. Control, not create -- which is where the real work is. Get your shit straight.
>>
>>7818375
the money/effort ratio is unfavourable
>>
>>7818391
look at movies or music, they control the distribution first, then promote their own "stars", took a while but look even rap is jew dominated now with drake and mac miller as top selling artists, and even the "underground" with guys like Action Bronson and Run The Jewels (El-P is jew). I know the jews control publishing, and they took over academia long ago, so why can't they use both of those to promote some "jewish genius" authors?
>>
>>7818415
Who are Roth and Bellow?
>>
>>7818419
Yeah but they are still "ethnic" they haven't been able to replace white authors in the same invasion of the body snatchers way that they have in other media, no one thinks of drake as a jew, he's just "the hottest nigga out right now" etc. maybe it's because writing is such a deep process built on personal experience that's impossible for a jew to write 900 page door-stopper and not have it dripping with zionism, you can make a 40 minute rap album or two hour movie and maintain a facade of whiteness (blackness in some cases) but with literature the truth comes out and it becomes "ethnic", i guess the next best thing the jews can do is promote ethnic lit until it's on the same level as real literature, which they have almost accomplished
>>
>>7818435
You're a fucking joke.
>>
>>7818440
stay mad, kike
>>
>>7818443
>Da joooooooooose!
Stay memed, stormfag.
>>
>>7818435
I can't imagine what it must be like to be this obsessive and paranoid. When you eventually crack, please be decent and just kill yourself - don't shoot up a school
>>
File: image.jpg (140 KB, 800x964) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140 KB, 800x964
>>7818375
The most universally agreed on "best book ever" has strong pro-semitism undertones
>>
>>7818499
is that why mann has been purged from the modernist canon while joyce and proust are still read? did mann not lick the kosher balls enough? didn't his 1000+ page retelling of the old testament earn him enough jewpoints?
>>
>>7818155

I've only read Lot 40, V., and Infinite Jest. They're very similar. Read the Profane chapters of V. and compare to the Gately chapters of Infinite Jest.
>>
File: 325324.gif (878 KB, 350x260) Image search: [Google]
325324.gif
878 KB, 350x260
IMO, the most fundamental difference is that Pynchon is joking while DFW is being serious.
>>
>>7818155
DFW: media-saturated and informed life. Addiction. Trying to repent for inculcated pretentiousness

Pynchon: Dude Weed LMAO
>>
>>7818155
Pynchon: paranoia deriving from NSA-tier societal surveillance, 20th century liberal counterculture, government conspiracies

DFW: Dude Footnotes LMAO
>>
>>7818296
This isn't really wholly true though is it? He uses tons of irony and pomo techniques, I thought his deal was just that there are times to use it rather than to rely on it.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.