[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who has read the Adventures of Huckleberry Finn? Summarize it!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: huck finn.jpg (218 KB, 800x871) Image search: [Google]
huck finn.jpg
218 KB, 800x871
Who has read the Adventures of Huckleberry Finn? Summarize it!
>>
>>7816378
>>>/hw/
>>
a white boy and a black man go for a boat ride
sadly they don't fuck
>>
>>7816387

His dad tries to fuck him in a cabin in the woods, though.

I think that is where Salinger got his inspiration for Holden raping his little sister.
>>
>>7816383
Its not, i'm reading it now
>>
>>7816378
I think they end up having sex in a hay loft. It stretches Huckleberry out too much and he dies later. But goddamnit, those black men got to dance with those little white boys.
>>
>>7816378

First great American novel. Read it yourself, OP. If you have questions or comments about it, ask them or make them. Don't ask for other people to summarize it for you - google/wikipedia/etc exist for that.
>>
Huck's dad rapes him, then he runs away with a nigger, gets cuck'd by some scam artist actor and conveniently ends up at tom sawyers aunt's house where the whole story is ruined.
>>
>>7817235
Why ruined
>>
>>7817238

Tries to make a comedy out of a tragedy, undoes the development of Huck in recognizing that there are costs to doing the right thing, replaces the sins of American society with a farce, etc. These are usually the reasons given.

Personally, I think the ending is fine; Twain had already made his point and didn't really need a tragic end to hammer it home.
>>
>>7817238
because we are just supposed to believe that they traveled across the country and convienienty landed at Sawyer's aunts like a week before she was expecting Tom? Plus when Tom gets there he acts like a Total asshole, and the whole part is in such contrast with Huck and Jim's bond and compassion... I think most scholars say in a perfect world the novel would end before that part. I tried to write an essay in college redeeming it bc i wanted to be a contrarian but i literally couldnt
>>
>>7816378
/lit/ - Do my homework!
>>
>>7816378
I really love this book. Mark Twain is one of my favorite authors. I don't like comparisons but for me MT is Charles Dickens, but american.

You may read "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer" too.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.