[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else preparing for law school? And good recommendations?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: planet.jpg (26 KB, 228x346) Image search: [Google]
planet.jpg
26 KB, 228x346
Anyone else preparing for law school?

And good recommendations?
>>
>>7813071
OP I have a question, how did you figure out law school was right for you?
>>
https://warosu.org/lit/thread/S7530591

>>7813071
>>7813215
>>
>>7813071
The Trial by Kafka
>>
>>7813071
yeah, im ready to ship off to a t14 next fall so im enjoying myself while i still can.

fuck prepping for law school you gunner, just do something fun
>>
>>7813071
I went to a T6. Reading books to prep you is a waste of time, read something worth reading instead.
>>
>>7813071
>Anyone else preparing for law school?
yes
>And good recommendations?
no

>>7813215
not OP but I figured out that of the "high prestige" jobs that are out there, it's the one I've got the most talent for(eye for detail, excellent memorization skills and ability to distinguish between the essential and the superficial, relative to the topic at hand + ability to communicate clearly). on top of that it flirts with philosophy somewhat and if I absolutely hate law practice, I can move over to philosophize about the ethics and motives behind laws etc. which is something I'm very interested in.

On top of that, the law system is different where I live and there's less people educated in law compared to US, britain or most western countries, and the unemployment rate of lawyers is very low because of that.

and on top of above, I want to specialize in international law which again is pretty damn versatile field and lends to many different kinds of work, meaning that again if I hate legal practice, I can switch over to something else with relative ease
>>
>>7813347
So you went to #6?
>>
>>7813548
Nope. The sub-divisions of top schools are T3, T6, T10, and T14.
>>
>>7813608
i mean normally you hear hys, ccn, and t14, not "t6" so i kind of assumed you're one of those people who says some shit like "i go to a top 22 undergrad" for the sake of identifying themselves as a member of the most exclusive group they can.

If you're at Columbia I have questions, but otherwise good work/good luck wherever you are.
>>
>>7813695
If you're still around I did go to Columbia, so I'd be happy to answer questions.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.