[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
finished the book of mormon how do people buy into this crap?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Mormon-book.jpg (99 KB, 600x863) Image search: [Google]
Mormon-book.jpg
99 KB, 600x863
finished the book of mormon

how do people buy into this crap?
>>
After you've read books by Alan Dershowitz, Pope John Paul II, Adolf Hitler, Billy Graham, Carl Sagan, and Friedrich Nietzsche, Mormonism makes a lot of sense.
>>
Most Mormons aren't in it for the theology but because they were A) born into it or B) like the community/culture it produces
>>
better question, how is the church not deamed Mormonism heresy? it is the only subdivision of Christianity that says Jesus rose again america or some shit, thats kind of heretical
>>
>>7813036
If Christianity, when it was a Roman Cult, was around today, you would say the same thing about them.
>>
>>7813036
Pray and the Heavenly Father will confirm you that the Book of Mormon is true.

God bless you.
>>
>>7813396

It is considered heresy by Christendom.
>>
>>7813396
>deamed
>>
>>7813488
sorry im a little drunk
>>
>>7813425
I just prayed and God told me it's an unnecessary addition to his message.

God bless you, too, anon.
>>
>>7813065
Exactly, Mormons are nice. Whenever they approach me on the street I politely decline and then we talk about music or lit.

Honestly Book of Mormon (the broadway musical) will give you a fairly positive and fairly realistic image of Mormons.
>>
>>7813804
I just prayed to God and he told me Christianity is wrong. His chosen people were right after all.
>>
I have about 30 of those. I take one from every Marriott I stay in.
>>
>>7813453
No, it's not considered a heresy as heresy is a wrong belief in Christian doctrine, hence protestantism or Islam.
Mormonism doesn't even believe in a theistic God.
>>
>>7813036
People buy dumber stuff. Have you ever heard of Jehovah's Witnesses, anon? They're batshit crazy.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.