[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this worth reading? Those who have reddit, what did you think?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2
Is this worth reading?

Those who have reddit, what did you think?
>>
No.
Not worth reading.
>>
Yes.
Yes worth reading.
>>
Maybe.
Maybe worth reading.
>>
It was actually the worst book I've read in my entire life.
>>
It was actually the best book I've read in my entire life.
>>
It certainly had a lot of pages.
>>
No, it has no redeeming qualities
>>
I loved it. I really enjoy how Bolano expresses his themes through his works, and I appreciate the characters he seriously develops. I enjoy how he tells a story as well, the way he has of piecing it together.
If you want a shorter intro to Bolaño; read some of his short stories. They're fantastic. I really enjoy Last Evenings on Earth. Anne Moore's Life is great, as is Enrique Martin. Both are in the collection.
>>
It certainly does not have very many pages.
>>
I hated it. I really did not enjoy how Bolano expresses his themes through his works, and I did not appreciate the characters he seriously develops. I did not enjoy how he tells a story as well, the way he has of piecing it together.
If you don't want a shorter intro to Bolaño; don't read some of his short stories. They're not fantastic. I really didn't enjoy Last Evenings on Earth. Anne Moore's Life is not great, as isn't Enrique Martin. Both aren't in the collection.
>>
2666.... heh.... the devil's number. I bet this is a really dark book. Not for the faint of heart. >:J
>>
This is a really light read. If you consider yourself faint of heart you should give it a try.
>>
2666...the holy number. I bet this is a really holy book. Definitely for the pious of heart >:K
>>
2 threads at the same time. People, move one. Its a really good book, but read something else.
>>
>>7814805
>read something else
>implying anyone on this board reads

kek, we rused another one lads!
>>
>>7813255
>:J
fuck that's a good face. saved
>>
2 threads at the same time. Bravo, people. It's a really bad book, but I appreciate the discussion.
>>
>>7813255
I hate that face. I wrote a script to block it.
>>
>>7814920
Doesn't seem to be working, does it?
>>
>>7814920
>>
>>7814920
Seems to be working quite well, doesn't it?
>>
Seriously how do you say the title of this book, is it two-thousand, six-hundred and sixty-six, or two six six six, people keep asking me what I'm reading in public and I don't know what Bolano intended the title to be
>>
>>7815838
Twenty-six sixty-six.
>>
I really like this thread
>>
What the fuck is going on here
>>
>>7815838
>>
What the fuck is not going on here
>>
>>7816255
>>
>>7812921
no, its not worth reading. just get someone who has read it to give you the major points of the novel. its way too long for the read, and if you are american he rips on them plenty so i can imagine you wouldnt enjoy that either.
>>
>>7816274
oh look its this faggot again
>>
>>7816266
>6266
>>
>>7812921
If you like reading about cucks, then ye it's worth reading.
>>
File: DFW.png (128 KB, 352x335) Image search: [Google]
DFW.png
128 KB, 352x335
>>7814920

How else am I supposed to give an edgy smirk to show how badass I am for reading a super-literary epic with '666' in the title?
>>
tfw you will never read 2666 for the first time ever again
>>
u got five hours, family?

http://www.npr.org/2016/03/15/470549734/have-five-hours-to-spare-see-bola-os-epic-2666-on-stage
>>
>>7812921
yes, its worth reading. make sure you get someone whos never read it to tell you some minor details of the novel. its way too short of a read, and if you arent japanese he favors them plenty so i cant imagine you would enjoy that either.
>>
>>7816427
is it good?

i want to see castellucci direct it
>>
>>7816409
I know that feelereeno.
>>
>>7815838
2k triple six
>>
wtf is happening
>>
>>7815838
dos mil seisientos sesenta y seis
faggot
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.