[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me if you like my story idea /lit/ input is appreciated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
Tell me if you like my story idea /lit/

input is appreciated

>dude is pressured into cucking a guy by his gf, both he (the dude) and girl have issues and that's kind of where their common ground is
>the cuck is established from the get-go as aggressively protective of the girl, at first for understandable reasons but over time proving very spiteful and hostile towards protag
>protag/narrator reluctantly goes through with the cucking because he'd rather get her out of a bad, potentially abusive relationship (at this point starting to realize he does have feelings for her)
>things between him and the cuck escalate to the point of trying to cut him off at every possible opportunity only for the gf to stop him each time
>the cuck eventually quells his anger and attempts to rekindle his relationship with the girl; proves futile as she and the protag have already set in stone they want to be together
>completely fucks his shit up, he stops taking care of himself and loses his mind
>protag and gf find the cuck on the roof of a warehouse, overdosed on drugs and bleeding out from a self-inflicted wound, beckoning for someone
>as he lets out his last cry for help, a rainstorm begins to pick up and the two people before him join hands and walk away leaving him to die
>cuck is struck by lightning and the story ends here on a somber, pitiful reflection on the events that unfolded
>>
File: 68.png (77 KB, 214x211) Image search: [Google]
68.png
77 KB, 214x211
>>7808104
so basically a guy gets coaxed into ruining another guy's life?
It doesn't seem like you'd really be breaking any ground. This isn't a story for this century, we're way past the fad of this kind of arc. There also seems to be some misogynistic undertones here, which means you've frankly got no chance of getting published unless its by some cheap Danielle Steel type publishing house. Nobody with half a mind for literature and/or business would print it.
>>
>>7808171
misogynistic undertones?
>>
>>7808104
I think you've been spending too much time on /pol/ and your brain is turning to rot
>>
>>7808182
yeah. two women persuade a reluctant man to destroy another man. helen of troy type stuff.
>>
>>7808198
there's only one woman, and that's the cuck's gf

i'm sorry if my wording made it appear as if there are two women
>>
also this is supposed to be a black comedy. i think schadenfreude is an underappreciated, underused method of humor that needs to be explored more carefully and tastefully. i want the humor to derive from the cuck's suffering.
>>
So an edgier version of What About Bob?
>>
>>7808207
oh, I thought the protagonist's gf convinced him to sleep with the cuck's gf
even so, it has the same misogynistic undertones
>>
>>7808104
>black comedy. i think schadenfreude is an underappreciated, underused method of humor

This is a postmodern cliche at this point. Barth, Pynchon, et. al. beat it to death.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.