[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Min Kamp: Book 1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
Just started reading the first book and am currently loving it so far. I see Knausgaard talked about a lot on here but I am curious to see what you /lit/izens thought of the first book or series yourselves?

Also this thread can be a Knausgaard general thread as well.
>>
Yeah, it's great. I've read three of them. The first and second books were incredible. The third was pretty good.
>>
I honestly didn't like the first one that much. It was odd. I found myself drawn to reading it but not really loving it. A lot of the "profound wisdom" moments felt kind of forced and Karl Ove seems like he never outgrows the edgy teen he portrays himself as. I do like when he discusses death, and the scene where he has to get the beer to the party, but the last half of the book drags like crazy, and feels really formless. Yeah yeah, that's the point etc. But I felt like my time could have been better spent on other books. That's just me though, I know the book had gotten incredible reviews.
>>
The part near the end where Karl Ove and his brother are getting drunk with their grandmother is great.
>>
>>7805768
poo
>>
i love that he's reviving the value of experience, time, and memory in writing. hopefully prose will focus less on political and social issues. i haven't read any of the books though. Books 1 and 3 seem to narrow-focused. Should i read Book 2?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.