[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Memoirs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: Odamakingart.png (368 KB, 710x1668) Image search: [Google]
Odamakingart.png
368 KB, 710x1668
Does anyone have any memoirs to recommend? Looking to read some.
>>
Bumping this thread. What are some of your favorite memoirs?
>>
Goodbye to all That, by Robert Graves

dude who wrote I, Claudius

survived the first world war
also survived the british private school system without turning gay, which takes some doing.
>>
My Twisted World: The Story of Elliot Rodger by Elliot Rodger
>>
>>7806187

Second this. Great read. Worth it.
>>
>>7805175

Knausgård.

>>7806187

Hilarious, and a rare authentic insight into profound narcissism. The part where he gets violently mad at the universe for not winning the lottery is particularly amazing.
>>
>>7806207
>The part where he gets violently mad at the universe for not winning the lottery is particularly amazing.

Isn't that normal?
>>
>The Naked Civil Servant

autobiography of a gay NEET in 50s London, became a bit famous in the 80s for his memoirs

>Diary of a Man in Despair

diary of a German far-right conservative monarchist during the NSDAP's rise, he hated Hitler and the Nazis for being such a bunch of uncultured swines

>The Disaster Artist

Memoirs of the guy who played "Oh hi Mark" in The Room. I expected a more meaner putdown of Wiseau, but it's really more about their friendship over the years.

> The Autobiography Of Benvenuto Cellini

public domain - the autobiography of one of the more famous 16th century Italian artists. Huge ego, lots of hilarious stories, lots of fights, lots of murder.
>>
>>7806225

That level of unwarranted entitlement? Not where I'm from. But Elliot did come from what seems to me a sickening and superficial place.

For all the people who enjoy Freudian undertones, there is a scene of interest, where Elliot imagines building a tower of huge height and extensive girth, from where he can observe the slow deaths of all the women who didn't have sex with him.
>>
>>7806207

>Knausgård

Fuck off.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.