[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I was only 9 years old >I loved Borges so much, I had
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: borges_1975.jpg (16 KB, 340x309) Image search: [Google]
borges_1975.jpg
16 KB, 340x309
>I was only 9 years old
>I loved Borges so much, I had read all the poetry and short stories
>I pray to Borges every night before bed, thanking him for the life I've been given
>"Borges is love" I say; "Borges is life"
>My dad hears me and calls me a faggot
>I know he was just jealous of my devotion for Borges
>I called him a cunt
>He slaps me and sends me to go to sleep
>I'm crying now, and my face hurts
>I lay in bed and it's really cold
>Suddenly, a warmth is moving towards me
>It's Borges
>I am so happy
He whispers into my ear "so Salomon giveth his sentence, that all novelty is but oblivion."
>He grabs me with his powerful Argentinian hands and puts me down onto my hands and knees
>I'm ready
>I spread my ass-cheeks for Borges
>He penetrates my butt-hole with a massive tome of Anglo-saxon grammar
>It hurts so much but I do it for Borges
>I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water
>I push against his force
>I want to please Borges
>He roars in a mighty roar as he fills my butt with rhetorics
>My dad walks in
>Borges looks him straight in the eyes and says "vi el Aleph, desde todos los puntos, vi en el Aleph la tierra, y en la tierra otra vez el Aleph y en el Aleph la tierra, vi mi cara y mis vísceras, vi tu cara, y sentí vértigo y lloré, porque mis ojos habían visto ese objeto secreto y conjetural, cuyo nombre usurpan los hombres, pero que ningún hombre ha mirado: el inconcebible universo."
>Borges leaves through my window
>Borges is love. Borges is life.
>>
>>7804863
This man in my country, he is everything.
>>
>>7804872
90% of the people that talks about Borges in Argentina didn't read him.
>>
>>7805213
yeah well the same could be said of /lit/izens and their 'favourite' authors
>>
>started reading borges story because he sounds like everything I enjoy
>five pages in and he's still bitching about some pretentious /lit/tard he had to deal with
>"maybe it's just this one story"
>read something else,
>it's so dry that my eyeballs mummify and and spend a night in the ER, repressing the memory of that terrible writing

Why does /lit/ have such shit taste?
>>
it's all ogre now
>>
>>7805438
>reading for plot

you got what you deserved
>>
>>7805438
http://thefloatinglibrary.com/2008/07/06/el-hacedor-the-maker/

try this short story.
>>
>>7805459
>people actually waste their time reading something that bores them because it makes them feel superior

>>7805492
better, but man is that prose pretentious
>>
>>7805512
just better? did you sell your soul or something?

Is not pretentious, is powerful.
>>
>>7805512
>implying art can be pretentious
leel
>>
>>7805438
oh, you read the aleph.

Not the best story in that book.
>>
>>7804872
Where's this from (nothing/everything)? Who said that? Have seen it several times here.
>>
>>7805213
I don't think the words 'in Argentina' are necessary for that sentence to be true.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.