[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does one live the literary lifestyle?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1451322204581.gif (2 MB, 500x432) Image search: [Google]
1451322204581.gif
2 MB, 500x432
How does one live the literary lifestyle?
>>
make threads on 4chan with simpsons gifs as the starter image

oh shit!!! it looks like youve already maanged this!!!! wowwwwwwww!!
>>
File: Shimnik.jpg (22 KB, 210x394) Image search: [Google]
Shimnik.jpg
22 KB, 210x394
>>7804741
A few years ago it used to be flaneurism, absinthe, hashish and opiates, women, decadence and such but now the cool kids have moved on to exploring mysticism, asceticism, simplicity, celibacy and so on.

We're literally Huysmans, the board.
>>
read
>>
>>7804741
Well, in truth, you have to actually live literature in order for it to be a lifestyle. It's not enough to just read some books, you have to become the books. Just today, I walked to the corner shop dressed as Macbeth; unfortunately, owing to the wide, rectangular shape of my costume, I couldn't fit through the door.

It's got to the point now that I have an elitist commentary running through my head at all times, which admittedly has had quite a negative impact on my love life--the other night, for example, I took a woman home from the bar, and while we were fucking, she asked me to be rude to her because it helped her to get off; I don't think that "Thick bitch, bet you haven't even read Proust" was quite what she had in mind.
>>
>>7804757
"A few years ago"

You mean sixty years ago?
>>
>>7804814
No, I'm talking about this board. Decadence is on the decline.
>>
read old novels, have few friends, act superior when alone and cower when in real social situations, wear jumpers, get interested in coffee and tea for no reason, say things like 'pray tell' half ironically in conversation even though it doesn't feel quite right, buy lots of books and read no more than 25% of them but enjoy your 'to read shelf, read the blurb of the unreads on occasion and swell with excitement at all the things you can read even though you know you really won't, listen to any music so long as it's not quite mainstream and not very energetic, feel proud of yourself when you cry for no reason, be thin and able to cook slightly more than the average person, enjoy the idea of potentially enjoying gospel music but never act upon it, go for walks alone
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.