[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello lit I need advice on writing : I'm trying to write
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
Hello lit

I need advice on writing :
I'm trying to write a short novel that is around 2500 words
I have an idea but I can't develop it that far
two ideas are
>people are in an office, describe office though specific terms, then there's a wolf in the office and they all lose their shit
or
>people are in an office, description of the office through specific termes, first person narrator goes to print something but starts finding tree leaves on the white floor, the whole office is turning into a forest, the boss has turned into a wolf, the office employees have become sheep, the narrator suddenly notices he has himself turned into a shit. Give no explanation whatsoever, forces the reader to interpret

I developed the latter in 650 words but can't do more
>>
>>7804188

Im actually trying to write for a short story contest by university association
maximum is 2500 words but I feel like 650 words isn't enough
>>
This sounds very Kafka-esque
>>
>>7804188
>forces the reader to interpret
But how will I ever be able to understand such a complex masterpiece? What could it mean?

Go with the other idea. Or here's a thought. There's a wolf, it's described in a factual manner as part of the interior. Maybe it starts eating people but no one reacts appropriately until it has consumed them all.
>>
>>7804296

its intentional, except Kafka starts when the surreal event (the metamorphosis) has already happened, I'm describing the process
>>
>>7804325

>such a complex masterpiece

I know it's not good at all ! The wolf is obvious but the rest holds absurds images that the reader might try to interpret. Like a printer throwing out leaves for example (in french there is the same word for leave and sheet of paper, its actually this ambiguity that starts the process of metamorphosis )

nice idea about the wolf, writing it down
>>
>>7804188

I meant

>short story
>and sheep not shit

of course

and the theme of the contest is
>Wild
>>
>>7804345
Alright that sounds more interesting than just wolf and sheep. Wouldn't go with something so simple at all.
>>
>>7804352
>sheep not shit
better the other way tbqfwy
>>
>>7804188

>short novel
>2500 words

Nigga, that's two A4 sheets of paper.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.