[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been learning Portuguese on Duolingo, and want to apply
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: vuvuzela hue.png (44 KB, 508x480) Image search: [Google]
vuvuzela hue.png
44 KB, 508x480
I've been learning Portuguese on Duolingo, and want to apply it.

What are some good pieces of Portuguese literature? (Something not too advanced would be nice)
>>
File: 1454889377966.jpg (71 KB, 648x433) Image search: [Google]
1454889377966.jpg
71 KB, 648x433
>>7803152
Simple book:

https://www.skoob.com.br/livro/resenhas/9776/mais-gostaram

O Poeta e o Cavaleiro (The Poet and the Knight).

It is the brazilian animal farm. It portrays how a dictatorship operates from the creation of an enemy to be confronted to the censorship, etc.

It is not great and the hero is a poet, which denounces that the author is biased towards the artist class's power and brazilian intellectuals tend to be. Even though the artistic class are all bought rhetoricists to the federal government.

It is still a fine read and is fun.

You can download it for free here:

http://br.librosintinta.com/o-poeta-e-o-cavaleiro-pdf-1.html
>>
Nevermind, download link doesn't work anymore.

I'm sorry.
>>
Saramago won a Nobel I'm pretty sure.
>>
>>7803232
Thank you anyway, I'll find it.
>>
>>7803152

Prose:
> Machado's short stories.
> Vidas Secas - Graciliano Ramos

Poetry:
> Gonçalves Dias ( I like A tempestade)
> any Augusto dos anjos sonnets.
>>
>>7803237
Yes he did
>>
>>7803268
thanks pham

>>7803237
I'll look into him
>>
>>7804392

Don't start with Saramago, you can only understand him with a great grasp of portuguese language and culture.

Read Jorge Amado instead
>>
Is there something like Duolingo but for European Portuguese?
>>
>>7804417
What's the difference between Portuguese and HUEguese?
>>
>>7804508

Phrasing, verbal and nominal concord and the general sensibilities.

I say this as a Huenian living in Portugal
>>
http://www.scaruffi.com/fiction/bestp.html
>>
http://www.complete-review.com/maindex/porto.htm
>>
>>7804514
So like the differences between Spaniard Spanish, Mexican Spanish, Argentine Spanish and so on.
>>
>>7804547
ideology
>>
File: Capa_Jumenta_Voadora-1-.png (900 KB, 494x725) Image search: [Google]
Capa_Jumenta_Voadora-1-.png
900 KB, 494x725
>>7803152
>>
>>7803152
Go read the children short-stories that Sophia de Mello Breyner Andresen wrote.
Seriously, they're quite beautiful, and if you're starting your formation in Portuguese, that seems like a good pick.
Here are some choices:
A Fada Oriana
A Menina do Mar
O Rapaz de Bronze

Then, if you feel a bit more confident, go read her poetry.

If you want a more serious novel, maybe something from Eça? He is an essential writer, and he doesnt have a very hard prose.
I personally recommend "A Cidade e as Serras"

As someone else said, Jorge Amado is a great choice too
>>
File: Coleção-Vagalume.jpg (126 KB, 590x539) Image search: [Google]
Coleção-Vagalume.jpg
126 KB, 590x539
>>7805365
Yeah, I would say to start with at least young-adult fiction, then pass to more complex works. While growing up I used to read a collection called "Vagalume", which has pretty good stories. Maybe you can find some of them online.
>>
File: pessoa.jpg (33 KB, 475x356) Image search: [Google]
pessoa.jpg
33 KB, 475x356
>browse thread
>no pessoa
"Pessoa was a prolific writer, and not only under his own name, for he dreamed up approximately seventy-five others. He did not call them pseudonyms because he felt that did not capture their true independent intellectual life and instead called them heteronyms. These imaginary figures sometimes held unpopular or extreme views."

the book of disquiet is the most /lit/ book.
>>
>>7805414
Pessoa's great but the kind of Portuguese he writes in is a lot more literary than what Duolingo teaches you.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.