[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For someone who's read c&p, the idiot, brothers Karamazov
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 5695.jpg (142 KB, 298x475) Image search: [Google]
5695.jpg
142 KB, 298x475
For someone who's read c&p, the idiot, brothers Karamazov and notes from the underground is reading pic related worth my time?
>>
If you've read his four other major works why the fuck would you even have to ask?
>>
>>7801368
i was going to post this.
>>
>>7801350
Yes, without a doubt. Its actually my second favorite of his.
>>
No, it's by far the worst of what you listed.
>>
>>7801368

Obviously I enjoy him, was wondering if this was anything new because i don't know if I need to read another Bible sized book if I've already seen this movie before, feel me?
>>
>>7801417
>feel me
niglet pls
>>
I'll also say yes Demons is definitely worth reading. In my opinion it's more essential than The Idiot and Notes from Underground. Skip the translation in the OP pic though in favor of one of these:
* David Magarshack (titled The Devils)
* Michael Katz (titled Devils)
* Robert Maguire

>>7801417

Demons is different from the rest of Dostoyevsky's work in how political it is. He definitely included some political material in other works, but it's very much the essence of this one. Dostoyevsky went through a total transformation between his earlier years and later in life, and this book is a major result. A big part of the book is Dostoyevsky's response to Turgenev (there was great animosity between the two) and his Fathers and Sons.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.