[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good books about drugs/antidepressants and their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: drugsetc.jpg (25 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
drugsetc.jpg
25 KB, 460x276
What are some good books about drugs/antidepressants and their effects in the human mind? I'm writing a novel that deal with this in some parts and I'm worried my own experience won't be enough to fill the gaps.

Any kind of article or scientific study would be great too.
>>
zog mind control pills
>>
>>7799046
DFW's bio by DT Max

Spoiler alert: he kills himself
>>
>>7799046

Well, you can look at the actual research papers themselves; most of which attest to two things.

1) That the whole industry is built upon the unproven Serotonin theory

2) That most anti-depressants are at best akin to placebos, whilst the worst have a whole host of side-effects. Exceptions are to be found in lithium/etc for serious shit; but most of the normal 'pills' a doctor will throw at people are the modern-day equivalent of a lobotomy.
>>
>>7799046
Brave new world
Kinda?
>>
>>7799066

Soma is weed.
>>
Alex Shulgin published 2 books detailing his experiences with psychoactive drugs. Not sure if this is what youre seeking but it seems like a good read. I haven't read PIHKAL or TIHKAL but they seem to be really interesting. Hell I might just start them this weekend now that I think about it. Thanks OP.
>>
>>7799066
>Brave New World

Jesus christ, you'd think this place would improve

The book is called The Doors of Perception
>>
My diary desu

Antidepressants really worked for me, but now I have a new problem- I lived my whole life without experiencing pleasure, and now that I'm capable of it I have to learn to deal with temptation. Most people start that at 5, I'm trying to learn how to handle it all at once at 25.
>>
>>7799057
Lithium is for bipolar disorder/manic depression isn't it? That's not the same as what anti-depressants are for.
>>
>>7799046
No one could tell y Bette them the actual experience, enjoy
>>
>>7799057
>>7799083

Thanks.
>>
>>7799098

The Doors of Perception is about mescaline. That is so completely different from antidepressants.
I'm sure that guy meant Brave New World because everyone takes drugs to be happy, I agree with>>7799070 though.
Soma isn't like antidepressants.
>>
Just watch conspiracy videos on Youtube.
>>
>>7799046
>researching the medical jew
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.