[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm thinking about starting a blog with book reviews.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: akwjeakwjrakwjtaiw.jpg (100 KB, 550x421) Image search: [Google]
akwjeakwjrakwjtaiw.jpg
100 KB, 550x421
So I'm thinking about starting a blog with book reviews. Problem: I think my reviews are shit. Do any of you guys write reviews and if so, do you have any tips for beginners?
>>
As someone who has a blog and updates it's rarely, you will not get any views. To be popular amongst bloggers, you have to be a girl, and moan about girl things.

Your best bet? Go find those private forums like back in the early 2000s, ingrain yourself within a community, be known as 'the book guy'. You'll appreciate it more
>>
>>7798552
>As someone who has a blog and updates it's rarely, you will not get any views. To be popular amongst bloggers, you have to be a girl, and moan about girl things.

So roastie or gtfo?
>>
>>7798562

or have some level of fame, e.g. being a published author or moderately well known academic or journalist
>>
>>7798583

What about a little social experiment? Make two blogs, one with a male profile, the other with a female profile, both with photos of moderately attractive people, post the same reviews, see what happens?
>>
>>7798589
social experiment? lol. have fun proving nothing for no reason, anon.
>>
>>7798548
If you're not good at writing book reviews, don't start a book review blog.
Why does everyone seem to think the deserve a piece of the pie?
You're not so special. If you don't have the skill to do something that you need a skill to do, then you shouldn't do it. Trying to gain the skill in order to do it is ridiculous. Nobody said you have to write book reviews. It doesn't have to be you, in other words.
>>
>>7798744
Only on /lit/.
I said *I* think my reviews are shit - others have liked them when I've shown them. I was asking for tips on how to improve from like-minded folk.

> If you don't have the skill to do something that you need a skill to do, then you shouldn't do it

This has to be the most retarded shit I've ever read in my entire life. What a fucking idiot.
>>
this thread itself is a blog post
>>
>>7798548
You might as well just do it on Medium instead of wordpress or whatever you're planning on using. Build up a following by commenting on things and post your shit after that.
>>
Wait, so how are we supposed to give you advice when we haven't even seen your writing?
>>
>>7799081

never heard of this before, thankx brohan
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.