[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you read books? Reading fiction in no different than watching
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
Why do you read books? Reading fiction in no different than watching TV shows because it's a waste of time
>>
>>7798511
define 'waste time'
>>
To cope with the crippling loneliness. Watching TV is too passive to make me forget my condition.
>>
>>7798511
Why are you alive? being awake is no different than sleeping because it's a waste of time.
>>
>>7798511
>waste of time

If you're not at work, and there's nothing around the house you need to be doing, and nowhere else you need to be, just what are you expecting people to do?
>>
>>7798584
masturbating.
>>
>implying commercial art produces the same effects as that of the sublime
>>
>>7798635
>saying something produces the same effect as an effect
unless you're using sublime as a noun. wait that's what you're doing. ok im going to bed any=ways gonna say gn to my dog first tho :p
>>
>>7798648
>>as that of the sublime
as in 'art of the sublime'
as in 'sublime art'
gosh anon
>>
>>7798511
>Reading fiction in no different than watching TV shows because it's a waste of time
Indeed. But then, if whatever it is that you are doing is not related to work or studying, then yes, you are wasting your time by reading books/watching tv/playing games.
This is a really bad thing to know, btw. Because of that, sometimes I feel like I'm wasting my time by reading a fiction book/playing game/whatever. So I hardly do things beyond working and studying all day long. Sadly, I know.
>>
>>7798511
I enjoy it you don't need any more justification than that.

But if you do:
>It's proven to be good for your brain
>It expands my vocabulary
>Reading before bead helps me sleep
>It's relaxing
>It's entertaining
>I have nothing else to do on the ferry home
>>
hell yeah bro! if you arent out partying or obeying your jewish overlord at work you're wasting your time bro!!!
>>
>>7798648
holy shit fuck off retard.
>>
>>7798672
How do you separate those things? Why working and studying are not a waste of time?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.