[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you read more than one book at a time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: 1410396777855.jpg (132 KB, 952x629) Image search: [Google]
1410396777855.jpg
132 KB, 952x629
Do you read more than one book at a time?
>>
>>7797945
I haven't read a single book this semester and I'm in 3 literature classes. I've had 2 papers in each and I've gotten an A on all 6.
>>
>>7797947
Poser
>>
>>7797947
whats your secret
>>
>>7797947
Jesus Christ, this is exactly me. All you have to do is pay attention to the professor.
>>
>>7797957
I'm good at bullshitting and this>>7797973
Simply going to class is all you honestly need to succeed as an English major, which is quite frightening if you think about it. I really should start reading books though, I want to go on to grad school and I can't fake this shit there.
>>
yes, easily

>>7797957
Bullshit everything as hard as you can
>>
>>7797980
Yeah, it's terrifying. I managed to get an A- on the Milton course (where we covered Paradise Lost over the span of a semester) and I had only read 25% of the book at the time. Ended up reading it outside of class.
>>
>>7797980
>>7797986
Another thing to mention: by bull shitting everything you are actually doing critical thinking most of the time, so to you it seems like you're just getting by and turning something in, but in reality you're actually forcing yourself to think critically (Sometimes).

Other times you won't learn shit, but you'll get a good grade because you read someone else's thoughts on the book and read a few excerpts that you just decided to copy and paste into your paper.
>>7797992
How is that? I've never got around to reading it and I'm not taking any classes this summer so I figured I'd finally read it.
>>
>>7797994
I worded that wrong, but you get what I mean.
>>
I read whatever I want to read whenever I want to read it. So, yes. I read hundreds of books at the same time.
>>
Yes. Then I bury it in the backyard.
>>
sort of, mostly just because i read so much and am always checking stuff out of the library. i usually devote most of my attention to only one at a time though.
>>
no, i give one sole book my utmost attention whilst reading it. if i like it i re-read it before i even start reading another book.
>>
>>7798062
Eh so are a lot of other degrees
Degrees don't guarantee you jobs
Also I get wrecked at the start of the year in my lit classes, but pulling As on all my essays now. Won't event out the shit marks I got at the start but it's improvement
>>
>>7798129
Even *
>>
>>7797980
>I want to go on to grad school and I can't fake this shit there

The hell you can't.
>>
>>7797945
Yes.

Read the bible everyday. Some standard /lit/erature or even genre fic, and then something like history/philosophy/politics. If I get tired reading one I switch to the other.
>>
>>7797947
I did this last year but I'm going to make an effort this year.

I just have a very childish attitude when it comes to someone making me read, I only read what I chose to read, not what someone told me to read. I think that's why I wouldn't join a book club.
>>
File: 1412198786751.png (61 KB, 576x507) Image search: [Google]
1412198786751.png
61 KB, 576x507
>>7798173
>>7797947

>get like 5 books to read on a course
>don't read any because 'FUCK YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME'
>semester ends
>read them in the holidays
>the course material was really good

everytime
>>
>>7798171
r u me when im not layz?
>>
File: Adobe PDF Reader-01 (1).png (27 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
Adobe PDF Reader-01 (1).png
27 KB, 320x320
i do sometimes. one of them is in pdf and the other is a real book.
the reasons i do that are practical:
when i travel somewhere or visit cafes(alone) i take the book with me and read it.
when i don't have it with me and i have access to computer with internet connection, i just download that other book in pdf.
>>
>>7798171
Wish I had more time to do that, my father in law does this and he's been reading like crazy, one book very two days or so it seems.
>>
Limit myself to under 10 books, pick and chose what I want to read. It usually takes more than four months to get through everything though.
>>
>>7797945
Yes, even more if you take in account the ones I read with my gf
>>
Sometimes I'll read one fiction and one non-fiction at the same time. Reading two or the same kind gets mixed up in muh brain
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>>7798003
Ayyy.
>>
>>7797945
I read one around the house, mostly a door stopper, like I am currently working my way through IJ. When in transit I mostly go for smaller books that are easy to carry around like poetry or short stories. reading Iliad at the moment when not indoors.

Also as I go to sleep I put up a audiobook to fall asleep quicker so at the moment I got A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man playing.
>>
>>7797994
It's really good and beautiful, read the whole thing even though it is difficult and boring sometimes
>>
>>7799396
I'm similar to this anon, i read door stoppers and any new physical copies of mine at home, whilst taking my kindle or a library book from school around with me. I hate my own purchased books getting damanged so don't want to drag them around in a backpack full of other shit all day long at school.
>>
>>7797945
yes, usually read short storys along with a main book, sometimes read two or three 'main' books usually one heavier and one or two more lighthearted
>>
File: c24.jpg (33 KB, 492x479) Image search: [Google]
c24.jpg
33 KB, 492x479
>>7797945
Yes.
Reading Catch-22, Inferno, Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, and Count of Monte Cristo. I do the same thing with anime and games. Would drop a bunch, but if I do that then I would probably never pick it up.
>>
I normally read

>one book from the library, which lives on my nightstand until it gets sent back
>one book I own, which gets carried around and read on the train/in the bathroom/at work
>one ebook or audiobook
>>
I misread that as "do you read more than one book a lifetime?"
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.