[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Here
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: ReadyToGrow.jpg (108 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
ReadyToGrow.jpg
108 KB, 612x612
Hello, i'll be frank as opposed to folks on here i'm literary retarded.

I read maybe a book or two a year (I know depressing) i realize this and i want to start reading.

What are some good books that I could begin to read now so that later I can start reading deeper, heavier hitting books? (not the normie shite)

Thank You!
>>
>>7797685
you read far more than the posters here
>>
>>7797685
Create a Goodreads account
Add the books you like
Use recommendations

They will give you "Classic" examples of stuff you will probably like.
>>
selfless bump
>>
>>7797685
Not sure if you've read it yet, but I just started 1984 by George Orwell. Started off a little slow but it's starting to pick up some traction. I like it thus far.
>>
>>7797685
Honestly, the greeks.
It's a meme here for a reason, and especially if you want it to 'prepare' you for more difficult books.
I'd suggest the odyssey, illiad and some plays (oidipus, for example). and if you're not feeling the greeks you can go for any other cookie-cutter starting book, like 1984, brave new world, the stranger etc.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.