[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good atheist/agnostic arguments against religion?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: rodin2.jpg (110 KB, 1280x848) Image search: [Google]
rodin2.jpg
110 KB, 1280x848
What are some good atheist/agnostic arguments against religion? I'm a Muslim so preferably something that challenges Islam, or Abrahamic religions in general.

Not a fan of the new atheists like Sam Harris, Hitchens or Dawkins since their arguments are usually based on extremism rather than faith itself and morality. Who were they influenced by and what were their notable works?
>>
If God Is So Smart, Why Do We Fart? -- Scott Adams (genius), The Religion War
>>
nice bate mudslim fag, /pol/ is the other way
>>
How are you an atheist and a Muslim at the same time?
>>
File: lea0-016.jpg (93 KB, 396x282) Image search: [Google]
lea0-016.jpg
93 KB, 396x282
>>7796737
Richard Leakey's stuff about paleontology, human origins etc. He basically disproves creation myths (which are the basis for those religions, original sin etc) without being all confrontational about it, and his prose is solid if a bit basic.
>>
>>7796758
/thread
>>
>>7796758
It sounds like he wants to stop being one.
>>
File: crusader.jpg (21 KB, 540x539) Image search: [Google]
crusader.jpg
21 KB, 540x539
>>7796737
>I'm Muslim
Begone Mahometan! i have taken the redpill and become immune to your Taqqiya. Deus Vult!
>>
>>7796747
Liking the summary, will have a read.
>>7796758
Didn't say I was atheist, sitting on the fence at the moment between agnosticism and religion.
>>7796765
Thank you
>>7796780
Insha'Allah indeed
>>
>>7796737
Burden of proof.

Ay wallah
>>
>>7796737
Arguments against religion are much easier than arguments against the existence of a god. Ultimately you have to let the matter of God ride, but if people think they can draw any sort of ought from "God is" then they're on untenable ground.
>>
Honestly just watch Carl Sagan Cosmos, especially the bit where he talks about the origin of the universe.
Also the best argument against religion is other religions. Go study them and read their texts and see how much of it is clear invention, then return to your own and see how it's no different.
>>
>2016
>worrying enough to actively trying to shape your views into something especific

Religion and spirituality should be something shaped as you go, anon. Believe in whatever works best for you at the moment.
>>
>>7796737
the horrors and absurdities of religion schopenhauer.

the skeptics walk diderot
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.