[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm finding that I've started to refrain from having
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: 1457422359074.jpg (5 KB, 338x333) Image search: [Google]
1457422359074.jpg
5 KB, 338x333
I'm finding that I've started to refrain from having opinions or confidence in my knowledge because I'm now used to having my conceptions destroyed since I began reading regularly.

I dont have any convictions because I know there are books out there that will convince me otherwise. I feel prepared to let go of anything I believe at a moments notice.

Is this just a phase? I look back on how dumb I was a few years ago compared to now, and I imagine it will be the same in the future so I get instantly discouraged and constantly worry that I am unaware of the extent of my ignorance. Is this relateable at all?
>>
>>7794769
No, because I've thought of things in this way since I was like, 14. You should get used to deriving confidence from your willingness to adapt and see things from as many perspective as you can, rather than from the idea of cocksure certainty. That way you will actually be stronger than the ignorant, and this is a good thing.
>>
Its better to keep your knowledge fluid, people who /think/ they know everything are the ones that easily trap themselves in bullshit.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.