[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A&P
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 924207.jpg (16 KB, 315x475) Image search: [Google]
924207.jpg
16 KB, 315x475
Is the short story A&P basically just /r9k/?

> Main character is a sperg living with his parents.
> Works at a shitty dead-end cashier job
> Thinks he is better than his co-workers
> Three chicks in swimsuits come to his lane
> Main character is pissed that his manager won't let them be half naked in the store
> Quits to try and impress the girls who clearly don't care about him, but the girls don't notice and just leave
> Realizes he's fucked in the end

> His fucking name is Sammy
>>
not one of the better Updike stories
>>
>>7793694
>Works at a shitty dead-end cashier job
/r9k/ frog homos are too autistic and weird to hold down a job.
>Thinks he is better than his co-workers
/r9k/ frog homos know they're inferior to everything and genetic trash
>Main character is pissed that his manager won't let them be half naked in the store
/r9k/ frog homos would find that degenerate, and they don't want women to be sexually self-conscious, i.e. desiring and aware of it
>Quits to try and impress the girls who clearly don't care about him
/r9k/ frog homos don't even try, they know it's futile

This is your average robot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xLgPTEXL-Y
>>
I don't know why you think we like you, /r9k/, but we don't, please leave.
>>
nah, the way i see it, the guy in the story thinks in beautiful prose, so really, quitting was the best thing to do. he should be writing. he could become the next john updike.
>>
>>7793710
i know eggman. he's okay. you sound like you have serious issues though and should probably stay offline for a while.
>>
>>7793709
Pft, it's the best Updike story because it is trying to be a Salinger story. That's how sad Updike is

>>7793694
This short story is basically a bad Salinger
>>
>>7793710
you've done some extensive research on the topic, do you have more?
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.