[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /lit/ feel about Fiorenza's theory of Kyriarch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: wwc.jpg (226 KB, 992x775) Image search: [Google]
wwc.jpg
226 KB, 992x775
How does /lit/ feel about Fiorenza's theory of Kyriarchy? It's the source of the whole modern use of the term "privilege", and was argued using Vatican II theology.

>Kyriarchy, pronounced /ˈkaJriɑːrki/, is a social system or set of connecting social systems built around domination, oppression, and submission. The word was coined by Elisabeth Schüssler Fiorenza in 1992 to describe her theory of interconnected, interacting, and self-extending systems of domination and submission, in which a single individual might be oppressed in some relationships and privileged in others. It is an intersectional extension of the idea of patriarchy beyond gender.[1] Kyriarchy encompasses sexism, racism, homophobia, classism, economic injustice, colonialism, ethnocentrism, militarism, and other forms of dominating hierarchies in which the subordination of one person or group to another is internalized and institutionalized.[2][3]

>Elisabeth Schüssler Fiorenza (born 17 April 1938, Cenad) is a Romanian-born German, Roman Catholic[1] feminist theologian, who is currently the Krister Stendahl Professor of Divinity at Harvard Divinity School.

I am slightly surprised she's use the term "kyrios" so negatively, seeing as how it is synonymous with "God" in Christian hymns and theology.

Here is an Orthodox example
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1ryVj9MiD4

It's even used in Catholic hymns a lot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mgn2Y1Yvhs
>>
well it really means "lord" or "master" which ties into the whole domination/power angle, guy
>>
>>7789979
Despicable and she should be excommunicated.
>>
File: 1453498575937.jpg (89 KB, 387x500) Image search: [Google]
1453498575937.jpg
89 KB, 387x500
>>7789979
>Vatican II
For what purpose?
>>
>>7789979
Pic is no better than people who vote for presidential candidates because they look attractive or have funny-sounding names.
>>
need actual anarchy (not memes like ancom/ancap) so people are reminded of the natural order of things
maybe also drastic reduction in the male population so women have to compete
>>
>>7790050
Yes, but in the context of a theological argument, using in a negative way is really odd. It's not a really accurate descriptive either, since social privilege is almost never remotely equatable with a lord relationship.
>>
>>7789979
sjw who use the term privilege have never read not understood her. The whole concept of being privileged in some regard and not privilege in others (ie being white but discriminated against based on it dispute your race) is completely missed when it comes to the minority Olympics on tumblr.
>>
>>7789979
>Kyriarchy
It's funny how fast it was absorbed and driven into utter meaninglessness by the neoliberal establishment. See Hillary's campaign for example; she blatantly abuses tumblrese to defend capital and wall street interests.
>>
>>7789979
shit theory. distracts from the reality of class/global capitalism to focus on 'classism' as just an individual moral failure. Same goes for militarism, colonialism, ethnocentrism which are often the product of economic interests.
>>
>>7789979
and you dildos dare say cultural marxism ain't real. If this isnt cultural marxism, then what the fuck is it?
>>
A black rich man goes to harvard and get's a cushy job.

Apparently this man is oppressed.

A white poor man takes a blue-collar job and can't afford education.

Apparently this man is privileged.

This is reality according to these hyenas. The real truth of course is the same it has always been and always will be -- it's all about money.

With the advent of anti-racism(the word racist coined by a jew) the peoples ability to think outside of political correct territory is already well mangled. With the advent of sexism it will be completely destroyed. With the advent of ableism men will be like vegetables -- perfectly equipped to handle smartmachines and moronic "entertainent" ONLY.
>>
>>7790050
>it means "lord" or "master"
>domination/power angle
At which point it becomes a prefect tautology. Lords and masters do rule. If slaves were to be crowned, they would still, nevertheless, be lords and masters, with power.
These retards want to sell ideas like 'the rich can buy more stuff than the poor' or 'if you are a leader, you ask people to do things' and are surprisingly good at it
>>
>>7789979
> Feminists will still deny that they're a class-struggle distraction, and will continue to spout "MUH INTERSECTIONALITY" as if it were a good argument and not just further proof of class-struggle distraction
>>
>>7790376

Define "real." Most here agree that it's a view the liberals are subscribing to despite it not being "real" as a valid ontology to adhere to.
>>
>>7789979
>voices tacit support
>voices
>tacit

Where the fuck do they find these barbarian writers
>>
>>7790094
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda_Due

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fCOP0LsyHE
>>
>>7791735
>privileged in some, oppressed in others
>>7791758
what?
>>
> in which the subordination of one person or group to another is internalized and institutionalized

How is this bad?
My subordination to my parents was internalized in me and institutionalized in my family, and my subordination to my teachers was internalized in my and institutionalized in my school.
I benefited.
>>
>>7789979
>looks around at the world
>comes up with a fancy church word to label literally every interpersonal relationship ever
This matters why?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.