[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Writer's Tools
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: needed an image.jpg (74 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
needed an image.jpg
74 KB, 500x334
Long story short: i'm currently working on a long term project and i got an eye condition that doesn't allow me to stay for long times on a pc so im doing it old school with pen and paper.

My question: is there a term or brand for Notebooks that are designed to last for years?

You know with thick sheets that won't break because of continuous use, waterproof and more stuff i cant think off right now

Please consider that i live im a third world country (Mexico)
>>
>>7789480
rhodia or moleskine
>>
>>7789480
Maybe go to an art supply store and get a bound artist's sketchbook. Make sure the binding is woven not glued and the paper quality is right. These things can put up with a ton of abuse.
>>
>>7789492
Thank you

>>7790095
What exactly im looking for on paper quality? Thick, texture?
>>
Also I suppose we can talk about writing "techniques", I myself am pretty fond of the just write everything that comes to mind even if it doesn't follow a sequence

As well I believe that whenever your considering implementing a new idea into your story one should weight the possibilities that it opens vs the ones that closes

Sorry for my broken English BTW
>>
>>7791041

Oh I just mean something with heavy-ish paper that is not likely to tear, and works well with your chosen writing implement. Paper that's too glossy can not absorb ink at the right rate and smear. Or maybe you use pencil and want a hard, barely absorbent page. It's up to you. Just make sure to feel it and get excited about the idea of writing in it.
>>
Why don't you use a typewriter? It will save you a lot of time.
>>
>eye condition
>>
>not writing your first book on paper with a pen, then buying a typewriter that will last your entire career with the money you get from it

It's like you don't even want the /lit/ lifestyle.
>>
>>7789480
Buy a moleskine notebook, a shitty Jinhao fountain pen, some noodlers black ink and knock yourself out.
>>
>>7789480
I wish my journals looked that good.
>>
File: depressed babby.jpg (32 KB, 441x329) Image search: [Google]
depressed babby.jpg
32 KB, 441x329
>writing on paper is "old school"
>>
I find getting a poster sized print out of paper, squatting over and shitting on it, then arranging the mess into delicate prose with chopsticks is quite exhilarating.
>>
Moleskine notebook and a Pilot Metropolitan fountain pen. Things are like $USD15 but write beautifully. They also have a medium or fine nib, depending on your writing style.
>>
>>7794270
writers haven't really used paper since the 80s
>>
>>7794270
the typewriter has been around pretty long
>>
>>7791551
>Justo make sure to feel it and get about the idea of writing un it

Dunno why but i like a lot the way you phrase it, are you a writer?

>>7791603
Well im médium class on a third world country so basically "poor", besides i dont really think some loose sheets can last longer than a proper notebook, but if you know some ancient chinese secret to keep those safe longer please do share
>>
>>7794270
What these guys said >>7794279 >>7794284

>>7791885
Well my final product is not gonna be a book per se, but im definitely gonna use hundreds, if not more, pages to get it off the ground and start publishing
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.