[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I read this /lit/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
Should I read this /lit/?
>>
I don't give a shit.
>>
>>7788742
I didn't ask you.
>>
>>7788770

Good job, you convinced me.
>>
>>7788742
>>7788770
>>7788828

can you repeat the question?
>>
>>7788845
>can you repeat the question

You're not the boss of me.
>>
Well the teenagers decided to make this thread cringe inducing with their epic memes.

This site is unbearable nowadays. Giving up on it years ago was the right choice.
>>
>>7788860

What memes are in the thread?

OP asked if he should read it, some anons gave their opinion. What did you expect?

This attitude is just as much of a problem on /lit/ as the constant memes and frogposting. Get over yourself.
>>
File: lyonesse.jpg (161 KB, 750x1120) Image search: [Google]
lyonesse.jpg
161 KB, 750x1120
>>7788739
People get disappointed by it because they expect it to be an epic, apocalyptic end times kind of story and it's not that at all.

I'd try another Vance first like the Lyonesse trilogy to see if you like his style or just try to adjust your expectations before reading it.
>>
>>7788739
I don't remember a scene like this cover ever having importance in the book.
>>
>>7788916
"The Eyes of the Overworld"/"Cugel the Clever" and "Cugel's Saga"/"Cugel: the Skybreak Spatterlight" is where it's at with the Dying Earth stories.
>>
>>7788916
Thanks for the suggestion, really appreciated. But the first book of Dying Earth is only like 150 pages so I think that'll be a good enough test drive of Vance.
>>
>>7788946
If you end up finding those stories lacklustre, please also see >>7788945
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.