[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you lot think of Alain de Botton?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7
File: ALAIN DE BOTTON.jpg (133 KB, 858x1049) Image search: [Google]
ALAIN DE BOTTON.jpg
133 KB, 858x1049
What do you lot think of Alain de Botton?
>>
File: unflavored .jpg (63 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
unflavored .jpg
63 KB, 640x640
>>7787307
has anyone told this man about hats
>>
>>7787313
hats look terrible. He looks alright and there is nothing he can do but shave it all off anyway.
>>
if i had just a little less to lose, i'd probably risk prison to assassinate this piece of shit because the only thing i care more about myself is philosophy and this worthless bottomfeeder rapes it every day
>>
>>7787322
Could you elaborate
>>
>>7787324
HE RAPES PHILOSOPHY IN THE BUTT.
>>
File: portrait of a man van eyck.jpg (3 MB, 2356x3233) Image search: [Google]
portrait of a man van eyck.jpg
3 MB, 2356x3233
>>7787315
you just lied to me three times in a single comment
>>
Kinda looks like a gay Will Self.
>>
>>7787329
It's completely consensual.
>>
>>7787322
>>7787324
>>7787329
His last name always makes me think "bottom"

Alain de Bottom.Like some kind of prank name.
>>
>>7787307
JUST
>>
>>7787520
Fuck you guy, I spit out my tea.
>>
>>7787307
I've only read "The Art of Travel." It seemed pretty bland and uninteresting. Pleasant enough writing style, but nothing really new.
>>
>>7787837
What would you recommend as a more interesting version of "The Art of Travel"?
>>
I bought a 35 euros scented candle from his website. It helps me philosophise.
>>
>>7787307

this is a legitimate item from this store.
he actually ok'd this:

http://www.theschooloflife.com/shop/the-philosophers-jumper/

part of me does like the thought of pseudo yuppies getting played out of their cash though. just don't read him.
>>
>>7787873
I think this is him having a giggle because he's anti-materialism
>>
I quite liked some stuff he's done on TV about architecture

School of life is trash though
>>
He's a pretentious twat...the Chris Martin of philosophy and self-help.
>>
More like Alain le Bottom!
Look at this twink!
>>
>>7787873
My personal favorite : http://www.theschooloflife.com/shop/school-of-thought-notebooks-the-anti-capitalists/
>>
>>7787307
He looks just like me only without acne scars or hair.
>>
>>7788288
Are you single and in London?
>>
>>7788145
>Chris Martin of philosophy
>>
>>7787307

Only book of his I've read is The Architecture of Happiness. I liked it. Made me think deeper about architecture. Used to just be like, "Wow this building looks neat."
>>
>>7788577
>Architecture
>>
I will never forgive him for defending this feminist dregs
>>
>>7789470
Emma Watson is good for wearing normal clothes, Mark Zuckerberg is a cunt for wearing a tshirt
>>
>>7787315
>He looks alright

You cant be serious? Not only is his face weird/creepy with or without the hair problem (he just looks like a child molester), he then goes to have the most ugly form of baldness, and to top it off he doesnt even bother to shave the 1/3 remaining hair that he has. This guy has got to be obnoxious on purpose.

This post brought to you by a bald guy with a beard
>>
>>7791254
>a bald guy with a beard
You're ugly.
>>
>>7791256
fuck off Eggman de Botton
>>
>>7791256
yes I am but I still got to do a modeling gig and have a GF so
>>
>>7791254
It's amazing how subjective these things are
>>
Essays in Love was surprisingly decent, but most of his work is trash.
>>
>>7787307
All his facial features look like they were taken from different people and stuck together. His eyes, mouth and nose look like they were cut out from pictures of 3 different incredibly bland people, and then stuck on a head that's an exact 50:50 ratio between face and forehead.

School of Life is also shit.
>>
>>7793094
>All his facial features look like they were taken from different people and stuck together. His eyes, mouth and nose look like they were cut out from pictures of 3 different incredibly bland people, and then stuck on a head that's an exact 50:50 ratio between face and forehead.
lmfao
>>
File: Lev.jpg (66 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
Lev.jpg
66 KB, 620x349
Why does he look like such a smug asshole?
>>
I've never read him, but I've noted the type of people who seem to tout his stuff everywhere.

For those who have read him, is he to philosophy what Seth Godin is to business-self-help? As in, a popularizer who spouts half-thought-through, generic maxims that are too bland to ever be of any actual use to anyone who is looking for anything beyond quotes to stick on Instagram'd landscapes?
>>
File: images(2).jpg (7 KB, 200x252) Image search: [Google]
images(2).jpg
7 KB, 200x252
He should shave his head and grow a goatee for the whole supervillain/LaVeyan satanist look. I think he could pull it off.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.