[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how bad is this edition, exactly? I bought it a while ago
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: Gravity's Raibow.jpg (515 KB, 1361x2017) Image search: [Google]
Gravity's Raibow.jpg
515 KB, 1361x2017
So how bad is this edition, exactly? I bought it a while ago unaware that there are errors in it, but I don't want to drop $20 for another one. How much will I miss out on if I read this one?
>>
>>7778264

So long as you can still fap to the scat scene, you're good.
>>
it's a /lit/ meme ,few copies have that one error don't worry
>>
1) It used to have 1 sentence cut short (a relatively unimportant sentence)
2) It no longer has any errors at all (as verified by me)
3) BUT it looks ugly as fuck and cost more

If you somehow got an old copy of that edition you might have the error, but it won't impact your reading at all. It's in the middle of such a disorienting section you'll probably not even notice anything is wrong.
>>
>>7778287
I looked up pg. 139-140 error and just wrote the sentence in with a pencil. Is there anything else that I should know about (outside of minor mispelling/punctuation stuff)?
>>
File: le toilet man purchasing guide.png (517 KB, 1600x1440) Image search: [Google]
le toilet man purchasing guide.png
517 KB, 1600x1440
>>7778264
>>
>>7778326
a u t i s m s p e a k s
>>
>>7778326
wow that's cheap
>>
>>7778264
YOUR PENS ARE OFTEN TO DREAM
>>
hey OP just go to Barnes and Noble and switch it out that's what I did. (secretly i mean, don't ask them if you can trade it)
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 325x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 325x500
Is this a good edition? I like the way it looks, certainly more than the OP.
>>
The book is seriously fucked up. Whole pages: gone, pages transposed onto other pages. One page that's in Mandarin for some reason. And Penguin has all but told everyone to fuck off. Opening up my copy almost at random, I find a page that's entirely in capital letters and the facing page is just a giant doodle of a penis and at the bottom of the page it says "Fuck Penguin. I quit." So we're not just talking about a few ignorable errors. It's a catastrophe.
>>
>>7779068
5/7 good job gr8 post

made me kek
>>
>>7779032
They're both ugly as fuck. The old penguin edition is pretty good, the original is alright too.
>>
>>7779032
Yes its fine
>>
>>7779032

This cover bugs me because the title does not refer to the colors of the rainbow but rather the shape.
>>
>>7779267
The title refers to a circular rainbow in the most literal sense. That's why the best edition is the original, which I can't find fucking anywhere.
>>
>>7779859

I always thought the title "gravity's rainbow" meant the trajectory of a rocket. Was I wrong the whole time?
>>
>>7779871
Like the symbol of the V in V., Gravity's rainbow is largely about the symbol of the parabolic curve. The rainbow and the rocket and many other parts of the book are referencing the parabola
>>
File: GR31.jpg (181 KB, 329x500) Image search: [Google]
GR31.jpg
181 KB, 329x500
Easily the best cover
>>
>>7780189
Too bad it is impossible to find.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.