[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Novel writing general.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: 1386288092349.png (29 KB, 398x394) Image search: [Google]
1386288092349.png
29 KB, 398x394
Just got diagnosed with arthritis in both hands /lit/ how do I write now?

I took up a new years resolution to write 10k words every day and followed through since last year. But the years worth of typing has fucked my hands up. I'm finished with the first draft to one of my books and close to finishing with another.
>>
>10k
>>
>>7776955
I know it isn't much but doing it everyday is something man.
>>
>>7776966
10k words a day is an immense amount.
But why am I responding? Shoo troll, go back to torment some cave, or bridge.
>>
The way I see it, there are only two options

>1: try to do it yourself
>voice-to-text is a popular choice

>2: be a patrician
>hire an amanuensis

also, sage
>>
It isn't much. I rewrite most of it in editing. Everything from spelling mistakes to rephrasing. Most of the time I end up simplifying a paragraph to a sentence.

I'm not a troll. I legit have arthritis in my finger knuckles. Its nearly impossible to write with this. I've been using a writing app on android for the past month so I can type with my thumbs but it isn't helping.

Also 10k words shit writing =1k words edited writing.

Any advice for me? Maybe I should start using voice to text software? Anyone here used it before? Is the editing after a pain?
>>
>>7776951
Anon do you eat a lot of saturated fat? Lots of fat or meat can make worst your condition. I suggest reduce or eliminate saturated fat or animal products of your diet and consume lots fruits and vegetables, especially berries.
>>
>>7777013
Thanks anon. Will try.
>>
>>7776951

>10k words a day
>650,000 words to date

You're full of shit.
>>
>>7777006
The reason you have arthritis is that you're writing 10k a day.
You don't need to write that quickly, slow it down, it'll make the final product more developed.
>>
>>7777006
>talking about pre-edited 'words per day'

kill urself my man

well don't actually but come on you're only humiliating yourself. You're effectively only writing 1000 words a day.
>>
>>7777037
I started last January. Why is this such a big deal? Are you guys really this lazy? And then you complain that you don't get published.

Also its somewhere near 4mil words you man. I already told you I started last year.

I have a text file folder which is 180mb in size.
>>
>>7776951
Why the fuck are you writing a novel?
>>
>>7777066
True but the final product is ten times more refined as compared to just writing 1k words.

Also my condition is completely curable if my doctor is to be believed.

Editing is just a bitch though. And I use a thesaurus while editing to make it a little more readable.
>>
>>7777075
Because I want to? What are you doing with your life Desi sempai.

Jk. But I write because its a hobby. I've been writing since I was 12. Back then even a hundred words a day was hard and seemed tiresome. After all this time I've stuck to it and gotten used to writing. I've never used a pencil/pen and Paper though. Seems like a waste of money.
>>
>>7777079
>Also my condition is completely curable if my doctor is to be believed.
Then don't write until it's cured, genius
>>
>>7776993
I once wrote 13k words one Saturday. It felt amazing.
>>
>>7776951
>10k words every day
That's seven Infinite Jests in one year
>>
>>7776951
>Just got diagnosed with arthritis in both hands /lit/ how do I write now?
Dictation. It worked for Earl Stanley Garder. Speak into a recorder then have it transcribed.
>>
>>7778576
I misspelled Gardner
>>
>>7776951

THE JORGES WENT BLIND IS ALL AND LOOK WHAT HE PRODUCED
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.