[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /lit/ say is the simplest/dumbest/most-accessible/mo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: theOutsiders.jpg (37 KB, 316x475) Image search: [Google]
theOutsiders.jpg
37 KB, 316x475
What does /lit/ say is the simplest/dumbest/most-accessible/most-plebian/lowest-reading-level book to still hold a decent amount of literary merit? I say it's The Outsiders.
>>
>stay golden, pony-boy
>>
>>7752563
What is that from originally?
>>
>>7752543

Of Mice and Men.

Gatsby did the death of the American Dream much better.
>>
>>7752543
The Giving Tree
>>
>>7752543
Damn senpai, right in the nostalgia. I read that book a number of times in middle school I liked it so much. I'm afraid to read it now with my tastes having been refined to excess by the 19th century.
>>
>>7752574
From OP's book? Ponyboy is the main character, it's based on Frost's poem Nothing Gold Can Stay
>>
>>7752587
Is it really death of the American Dream? I always felt it was much more about holding on to innocence.
>>
>>7752543
Babby's first tragedy.
>>
>>7752543
Ulysses
>>
>>7752587
>death of the American Dream
Of Mice and Men is about why we should execute retards though.
>>
File: PhilipDick.jpg (16 KB, 300x389) Image search: [Google]
PhilipDick.jpg
16 KB, 300x389
maybe PKD
I got a picture of the dude on my computer for some reason
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (145 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
145 KB, 1280x720
Dr.Seuss's Butter Battle Book..

>

On the last day of summer, ten hours before Fall…

my grandfather took me out to the wall.

For a while he stood silent. Then finally he said, with a very sad shake of his very old head, “As you know, on this side of the Wall we are Yooks.On the far other side of this Wall live the Zooks.”

Then my grandfather said, “It’s high time that you knew of the terribly horrible thing that Zooks do.In every Zook house and in every Zook town every Zook eats his bread with the butter side down!”

“But we Yooks, as you know, when we breakfast or sup, spread our bread,”Grandpa said, “with the butter side up.That’s the right, honest way!”Grandpa gritted his teeth. “So you can’t trust a Zook who spreads bread underneath! Every Zook must be watched! He has kinks in his soul!That’s why, as a youth, I made watching my goal, watching Zooks for the Zook-Watching Border Patrol!
>>
The Book of Virtues has more value than half the shit so acclaimed by /lit/ as "literary"
>>
>>7753155
>liberals actually think that the difference between radical Islam and German society is as insignificant as how you butter your bread
>>
>>7753174
>/pol/tards show up out of the blue and add off-topic crap that is of no value at all
>>
>>7752543
Siddhartha
>>
>>7752543
Even 14-year old me recognised that book was a steaming heap of shit.
I remember reading it thinking it seemed like the sort of drivel an angsty teenage girl would write. Funny, that.
>>
Aesop's Fables
>>
>>7753204
Why would you go and lie to yoirself like that?
>>
Doestoevsky
Haha nah j/k. Probably Naruto Shippuden.
>>
>>7753295
nobody thinks naruto has merit. i hope.
>>
1984 maybe
>>
Catcher in the Rye
>>
>>7753174
t. Projectionist Champion
>>
>>7752543

Holes.
>>
>>7753466
Oh shit senpai that's right I completely forgot about that book.
>>
>>7753155
Lorax is better

OP there are tons of Newbury Award/Honor winners that fit your selection.

This is my favorite.
>>
bop
>>
>>7753155
It's always funny knowing that a guy who made anti-Japanese cartoons has a hella popular book on tolerance.
>>
Peter Pan
>>
>>7752543
The Giver, I'm gonna say

baby's first philosophy lesson
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.