[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i have simple question here: famous big novels are researched
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
i have simple question here: famous big novels are researched really well. is there any website or kind of literature which would show where they are quoting from? which parts of the bible are around in jane austen? what carmina and books of the iliad are cited by the characters of samuel butler? what jazz songs are around in the great gadsby? if you don't know a place like this, online or elsewhere, do you believe it's necessary?
>>
File: whatisit.gif (6 KB, 15x12) Image search: [Google]
whatisit.gif
6 KB, 15x12
>>7747527
>>
>>7747527
There will always be a stickler who find something unreal / not accurate about whatever you've written. If you're not too far off the mark no one cares. The hardest part would be the dialogue and how characters naturally are within your time setting. You need help though, most big novels nowadays have research teams. I wouldn't go too hard for the first try because it'll take you years. Realism's finished now anyway.
>>
>>7749331
>Realism's finished now anyway.
What did you mean by this? Is it finished like Rock is finished or is it finished like Poetry?
>>
>>7749343
none of those things are finished
>>
>>7749343
Just my opinion man, but there needs to be a shake up in what a book is. Realism is fucking played.
>>
>>7749331
>You need help though, most big novels nowadays have research teams.
wut.jpg
>>
Isn't that what literature students are supposed to write about in their essays, at least partially?
It's a cool idea, exploring the hypertextuality of pre-existing books but a) that's a hell of a lot of research needed for each book that volunteers will have to do and b) even if you find people willing I worry it'd degenerate into some sort of lessthanwrong, tvtropes style shitshow.
>>
File: uh.jpg (127 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
uh.jpg
127 KB, 1024x768
>>7747527
what's wrong with that photo?
>>
>>7750127
i like too look a t big tits
>>
>>7747527

University libraries.
>>
>>7750127
OP is a fag and downloaded the thumbnail.
>>
>>7750541
the red circle though? looks like there's nothing there, except it looks like a person's head if you zoom out, not sure if that's the reason for the circle.
>>
>>7749360
Wrong, both rock and poetry are finished. At least for another 100 years.
>>
>>7749331
>Realism's finished
And nothing of value was lost.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.